Houston, we have a fuel knock.....

Is it fuel knock, a broken crank or cracked flex plate? Holy chit I can now see clearer how much an idiot you really are! Lmfao.

You should leave the diagnosis and wrenching to a professional.

Is it fuel knock, a broken crank or cracked flex plate? Holy chit I can now see clearer how much an idiot you really are! Lmfao.

You should leave the diagnosis and wrenching to a professional.

See here's the beauty of a warranty..... someone else has to do the work on someone elses dime. Even better than that! I still have more than one Cummins that's NOT on jackstands!:hehe:

I mean dang... you're getting so crusty on what it's like hearing a diesel run that you've forgotten that a fuel knock and cracked flex often sound the same and are just basic starting points of diagnostics....:rules:. :clap:

Got out there with the motor cold and was able to get a better look and feel.

The lines nor the plastic around the lines had any noticeable feel of a knock. Since it was cold I could actually lay under the truck.

It's 1500% positively coming from the bellhousing...

Cracked flexplate is my belief.

Stock Titan XD Cummins Flexplate likely crack - YouTube

Actually, a broken crank does the same thing. It's unlikely of course; I just wanted to kickstart your paranoia. :lolly:

See here's the beauty of a warranty..... someone else has to do the work on someone elses dime. Even better than that! I still have more than one Cummins that's NOT on jackstands!:hehe:

I mean dang... you're getting so crusty on what it's like hearing a diesel run that you've forgotten that a fuel knock and cracked flex often sound the same and are just basic starting points of diagnostics....:rules:. :clap:
You should also sue the school system you went to. Then sue your mom for birthing you. :blahblah1:

You should also sue the school system you went to. Then sue your mom for birthing you. :blahblah1:

i-live-in-5c02e8.jpg

:thankyou2:

So truck was looked at today by the main diesel tech while I had my remote start key programmed. It's a first for him, but he's leaning to either one of these as the starting point...

First being this crazy TSB which literally calls for grounding the fuel line via tether to a metal bracket....

20190807-190306.jpg

Or the more likely culprit.....

Exhaust gasket from the up pipes which is what I'm leaning towards.
Screenshot-20190807-194108-You-Tube.jpg

Either way he's also greenlighted him servicing my truck when I delete it and will do cash jobs to when needed.

Not so crazy

So truck was looked at today by the main diesel tech while I had my remote start key programmed. It's a first for him, but he's leaning to either one of these as the starting point...

First being this crazy TSB which literally calls for grounding the fuel line via tether to a metal bracket....

20190807-190306.jpg

Or the more likely culprit.....

Exhaust gasket from the up pipes which is what I'm leaning towards.
Screenshot-20190807-194108-You-Tube.jpg

Either way he's also greenlighted him servicing my truck when I delete it and will do cash jobs to when needed.

Not so crazy, I did it to mine first month I owned it. We see it in the aerospace world quite a bit. Static charge builds up as our filter & pump assemblies are plastic & nylon then jumps / arcs looking for ground. I will take some pics of my set up & try to post em up for you. It does sound strange but is real & more of a real world issue than most realize. I will be interested to see about the leaking exhaust gaskets as well... gets hot back there.

In other news Did you see Nissan killed the Cummins option in the truck for 2020?

Back