How about Jersey at KOS19???

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Impressive effort for having the truck out for the first time!!! congrats to Jersey and the Firepunks!

Not hard when you have D&J and firepunk on board ;) , also when the 3x UCC champion and pro street point champion is in the driver seat you know you're destined for success.

Regardless it was a badass build and great team work considering they tore the truck apart Saturday night to replace a sleeve and piston while having it back Sunday morning for the 100 mile street drive, dirt drag, and sled pull!

Well deserved win!

I'm biased here, but how about Eric Gentry tied for 2nd place, no shop sponsor and on a wet 5.9L block and single S480.

I'm biased here, but how about Eric Gentry tied for 2nd place, no shop sponsor and on a wet 5.9L block and single S480.

That is damn impressive as well.

Jersey was bit hard by the horsepower bug when I gave him a ride in my quad cab about 5yrs ago, his eyes got big and said "Lavon, I gotta have this!".

It's taken him time but he listened to advice and built a monster, he took a week off and helped the D&J crew build his engine this spring, took his summer weekends assembling the truck and did a thorough job installing everything correctly, loomed and organized.

He asked Me to drive simply because he hasn't had the seat time he wanted to have and did not want to destroy all his hard work with driver error first event out.

But besides the dyno mishap the truck performed flawlessly and is a monster on the track and still has pretty damn good street manners! Just needs an aftermarket heater core to get heat back in it since the 8.50 cage was in the way.

He plans to race it in 6.70 class next year until he gets comfortable with the truck and wants to have a fun, well capable truck he can drive when he wants and race on the weekends! I know I enjoy driving it, so I'm sure he'll have a great time next year!
Lavon

He seems to be a nice guy. He cracks me up and is quite the character in yours and d&js videos. Can you give us more info on the setup lavon? That wrap and color combo sure Sticks out like a sore thumb but i love it. Ive tried to find some more info on it but i lack social media lol

Judging by the accent, I'd guess it's where he's from. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Richard Nicolette is is real name, when he first showed up for a transmission 5yrs ago, he walked into the shop star struck and was amazed by everything, he quickly amuzed us all and by the end of the day decided he was going to follow us to Beans dyno day that weekend. So he ended up in Tennessee with us and then he told us he'd never been out of New Jersey before and he couldn't believe he was in the middle of the United States! It was easy for us to remember the guy from "Jersey" and the name stuck. He's a great guy and never a dull moment!

Lavon

Jersey was bit hard by the horsepower bug when I gave him a ride in my quad cab about 5yrs ago, his eyes got big and said "Lavon, I gotta have this!".

It's taken him time but he listened to advice and built a monster, he took a week off and helped the D&J crew build his engine this spring, took his summer weekends assembling the truck and did a thorough job installing everything correctly, loomed and organized.

He asked Me to drive simply because he hasn't had the seat time he wanted to have and did not want to destroy all his hard work with driver error first event out.

But besides the dyno mishap the truck performed flawlessly and is a monster on the track and still has pretty damn good street manners! Just needs an aftermarket heater core to get heat back in it since the 8.50 cage was in the way.

He plans to race it in 6.70 class next year until he gets comfortable with the truck and wants to have a fun, well capable truck he can drive when he wants and race on the weekends! I know I enjoy driving it, so I'm sure he'll have a great time next year!
Lavon

Couple things here:

1) Jersey talks quite a bit- Id even venture to guess that he talks more than me LOL Good on him for using his ears.

2) I'm impressed with his patience with this build. 99% of us would run out an break the thing 77 times while trying to figure it out. Jersey may be a nut, but he is hiding some smarts in there.

He seems to be a nice guy. He cracks me up and is quite the character in yours and d&js videos. Can you give us more info on the setup lavon? That wrap and color combo sure Sticks out like a sore thumb but i love it. Ive tried to find some more info on it but i lack social media lol

The truck has a 6.7L D&J Enforcer engine, 500% Exergy injectors,
Two Exergy 14mm cp3s, triple 480 turbos, Firepunk Comp 3 transmission and we tuned it with Hptuners.

Link to said video?

The truck has a 6.7L D&J Enforcer engine, 500% Exergy injectors,
Two Exergy 14mm cp3s, triple 480 turbos, Firepunk Comp 3 transmission and we tuned it with Hptuners.

Thank you. Shew triple 480s my lawddd bet it screams :ft:

I remember him coming over with Travis at the Ohio race and wanting to bet on Mindy treeing Brett. He's a hype man for sure, almost got Brett and myself to bite on the bet. After the outcome we sure wish we did. LOL

Sounds like he'd be a fun guy to have on here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He is freaking hilarious- has alot of cool $hit too.

Back