Idle adjustment screw

bad ass ram

Does anybody have any good ideas on how to make a good idle stop? The guy I bought the gov housing from, was trying to get one by on me, and sort of did,I guess..... But, the housing broke off, right behind the adjustment screw, taking it with it! There was fresh glue on it, where he glued it on, just to last to get it out the door! Anyway, I need to rig up something, and I figure somebody has run across this. Thanks for all the help guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I do a lot of cast aluminum repairs, I don't know if that's the best course for this situation, but why would it crack?

The thought of an old oil soaked cast aluminum housing will give me nightmares tonight.

Pictures would definitely help. I will go take a peak at some pumps and see if I can think of anything in the meantime.

Maybe call some pump builders or injection shops and try and find a good used housing .

Is the cast aluminum on that any different that all the other cast aluminum turbo parts and oil pans we weld on all the time?

Just clean it and weld it then drill it tap it and screw it....
Prolly could make a steel bracket with a nut in it where idle stop goes and bolt it to some other spots on the rear of the pump..

Sorry guys,I have an 8 week old baby boy, and he was sent to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, so, I've been a little pre occupied. Anyway, yeah, I'll post some pics tomorrow. And it's not the idle adjustment that I'm worried about so much, it's the fact that it broke, right at the shaft. So, that means that you can see almost half of the seal, where the chunk is gone, so, if it's not leaking now, I'm afraid it will be soon.

02 24v, with factory replacement, multi-layer copper coated head gasket,10lb overtorqued,160hp p-pump, 191dv's, 4,000gsk, mack rack plug, no plate, modded afc, s366 turbo(65psi), ptc triple disk billet converter, red eagle 47-re, valvebosy, 3.55 gears, glowshift gauges(egt, boost, trans)

Sorry guys,I have an 8 week old baby boy, and he was sent to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, so, I've been a little pre occupied.

Sorry to hear about this. Is he still there? Hope everything's OK now.

Where are you located?

No, thank God! And he is. My wife had taken him for a Dr appointment, and the doctor didn't like the way he was breathing, so he sent him by ambulance. They released him late that night. Ended up being a touch of bronchitis. It's scary when they're that small though. And I'm right in the middle of Tennessee.

02 24v, with factory replacement, multi-layer copper coated head gasket,10lb overtorqued,160hp p-pump, 191dv's, 4,000gsk, mack rack plug, no plate, modded afc, s366 turbo(65psi), ptc triple disk billet converter, red eagle 47-re, valvebosy, 3.55 gears, glowshift gauges(egt, boost, trans)

Sorry to hear about this. Is he still there? Hope everything's OK now.

Where are you located?
uploadfromtaptalk1453567672578.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453567735097.jpg
My two diesel lovin' boys!

Good looking boys. Glad he's OK.

My boy got sick when he was about 10 months old and wouldn't drink. He ended up getting dehydrated and they put him in the hospital for the IV. I remember having to hold him down, looking him in the eye, while they put the IV in him. He wouldn't lay in the bed, he cried unless me or my wife were holding him. He was there for 3 days. It sure was rough.

He's almost 16 now and taller than I am.

Good looking boys. Glad he's OK.

My boy got sick when he was about 10 months old and wouldn't drink. He ended up getting dehydrated and they put him in the hospital for the IV. I remember having to hold him down, looking him in the eye, while they put the IV in him. He wouldn't lay in the bed, he cried unless me or my wife were holding him. He was there for 3 days. It sure was rough.

He's almost 16 now and taller than I am.
Lol, yeah, mine will be passing me yo before I know it! And I know the feeling all too well. My first one had to have his stomach operated on, at 3 months. That was awful! He had to go 24 hours with nothing at all to eat! It's bass seeing them, that small, and not understanding why, but being so hungry! You feel pretty helpless! And then having to hold him first for an iv that came out, cause a dumb ass didn't do it right! And then right after, while they ran a tube down his throat, and pumped his stomach! Damn, if you've never had to do it, there's just no way to understand how it makes you feel!

Back