Injectors for a VP engine

That's where I'm coming from, spend the money on some better matched hard parts and keep the tuning box simple and have it run just as good.
At some point all of these performance companies are going to be shut down and no one will be able to get replacements or repairs on their 20-year-old tuners nor will they be able to get new tuners that will do what they want. At some point the EPA is going to force us indirectly to go back to mechanical injection for anything performance. They can't outlaw screw drivers.

At some point all of these performance companies are going to be shut down and no one will be able to get replacements or repairs on their 20-year-old tuners nor will they be able to get new tuners that will do what they want. At some point the EPA is going to force us indirectly to go back to mechanical injection for anything performance. They can't outlaw screw drivers.

Well, they probably can, but can't round them all up LOL

Chris

Have the retorqued head bolts been as successful on a VP truck as the 12v's?
That’s debatable really… the last one I attempted it on, didn’t like it. Had to really pay close attention to the feel of the bolt as they almost instantly wanted to start stretching.

As for your original post… what is it that you’re wanting to get out of the truck. A set of rv’s and a timing box is honestly a killer heavy towing or fuel mileage setup.

350-400. 400 would be pushing the factory turbo beyond it's limits obviously. I've had a couple of VP44 trucks with the RV275 injectors and ez, and agree, it runs and tows very well. Not going to tow very much but more used for running around.

350-400. 400 would be pushing the factory turbo beyond it's limits obviously. I've had a couple of VP44 trucks with the RV275 injectors and ez, and agree, it runs and tows very well. Not going to tow very much but more used for running around.
You could go old school and do an hx40 or something. Maybe a 62/65/12 or something and step the injectors up a little to like a 7x.009
Tap the pump wire and you’re set.

What do guys think of the super 9 like the ones built by savage fan?
For me personally, there are less than a handful of quality injector builders. Weston, Seth Haley (If he is still building), Chris Luttrell.

Sorry I went off on turbo thoughts to your response. I was thinking about the hx35 super nine savage fab builds.

But agree on the injectors builders. Chris's remans are extremely competitively priced as well.

Sorry I went off on turbo thoughts to your response. I was thinking about the hx35 super nine savage fab builds.

But agree on the injectors builders. Chris's remans are extremely competitively priced as well.
I’ve got a buddy in Canada that runs one of his chargers and seems thrilled with it but I’ve never looked into it them or ran them to give any kinda input.

Back