lighting up Gooseneck

Willy91

howdy folks. I'm looking for some opinions on what kind of lights to run and where to put them on our 25ft gooseneck trailer. I end up pulling it at night quite often for various reasons on back roads and through some tight places, and I hate the factory lights on it, only thing I can see are the front corners just barly. What are some good lighting options so that I would be able to see the rear corners and the center of the trailer at night? Thanks.

Are you talking marker lights or backup lights? A whole bunch of amber lights down the side, and some red ones toward the back would give you a visual fix on the trailer.

Last edited:
today i got all the lights for all my trailers. went to D&D in seguin and got all LED's they had.

i'm putting side markers down the whole side of the trailers 4" apart.
the back end will have a total of 8 oblong lights (stop/turn/tail) plus the LED bar in the middle.

i think i ended up getting around 100 lights. that should get me started

i plan on re-doing all my trailers this way.

also got some for the tow rig haha

JSPulliam21 said:
Are you talking marker lights or backup lights? A whole bunch of amber lights down the side, and some red ones toward the back would give you a visual fix on the trailer.

I'm looking at markers. I just want to be able to see where my trailer is at night while turning and such. It just drives me nuts to only be able to seethe 2 front markers, but know there's another 25 feet behind that I can't see. So would regular leds do the trick? Where would you mount them? under the bar that's used for chains?

yes sir. they are only around 6.50 a piece.

they will do the trick.

just go to a tractor store/trailer store and tell them you want clearance LED lights.

Where did you find LED's for 6.50? All the shops around here want at least $15 for one light.

holy ****. i would go broke there haha.

local tractor/trailer stores have them.
truck stops.
etc.

maybe it is because i buy bulk? i dont know.

Back