Lincoln, NE to HOUSTON, TX

Mark Nixon

No Savior among the flesh
By early next week, I will be heading to Houston, by way of Abilene, from Lincoln, Nebraska.
The idea is to drive my Dakota to pick up a 6.7 core in Abilene, then jaunt down to Houston to drop off injectors and other cores.
IF the Dakota is used, I can't do too much more heavy stuff, but if there are enough requests, I can switch up to the 1996 flatbed and pull a trailer, if need be.

After the core deal is done, I'll be heading to Shreveport to (hopefully) drive home my new acquisition, as pictured.

Mark.

Attachments

• 2007 C&C.JPG
    2007 C&C.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
No, I am having issues with the tranny in the '96 and I wasn't gong to risk a long trip with a heavy load.
I'm having it looked into to-morrow evening.

It has a bad lag into reverse and when it does go in, it slams in.
It also delays into drive/overdrive and sometimes you have to let off, then ease back into and it shifts in.
All this and I have NEVER felt it actually slip, even with 25k worth of weight on it.

We're hoping a filter, fluids and a TPS might limp it through for a while.

Mark.

That trans sold last night and I delivered it and several other items to KCMO to-day.

Mark.

Made almost all of my rounds over yesterday and today.
I'm in Shreveport, LA for the night.
I'm going to try to pick up the truck pictured above to-morrow morning, hoping it'll run, drive and tow.

FWIW, I do have a very, very nice 2011 6.7 long block (no turbo or fuel injector parts) on the truck that is available.

Mark.

Back