lly wont start after head gaskets replaced

nspence

hello there I have just done a head gasket job on my 2005 lly . the truck will not start I have double checked all my fuel lines checked connectors. it will hold prime in the filter housing for about a few mins then looses it. when I crank it over u can start to smell fuel.anyone have ant ideas. im starting t think it could be my wif sensor so im about to order a wif delete and a rebuild kit for my fuel filter assembly .

Did u bleed the air out at the injectors? If it is the WIF deal at the bottom of the filter it would leak fuel not just suck air. Have you used a scan tool to check for DTC's, how much rail pressure is it building? Why did u replace the injectors in the first place ? Where did u buy them? You need to put up a lot more info in order to get even close to a answer.

Sounds like you're sucking air. If it's losing prime it's not gonna start. Have someone pump the **** outta the primer while you're cranking.

i did a head gasket job not injectors. ive bleed the system from the primer pump on the filter an leaving the bleed screw out till fuel comes out with no bubbles. im getting a low fuel pressure code . I don't beleave you bleed the injectors on a dmax .

iv had someone prime crap out of it wile I cranked it over still noting . im going to order a wif delete an fuel filter head rebuild my wif sensor looks a little worn out and seems to be kinda wet

Sure you plugged everything back in, in their proper place? Grounds all reconnected? Doublecheck the bale connectors for sunken pins, too.

You don't need to bleed any injectors. Sometimes you have to crank on these things for half an hour lol

So it's throwing a low fuel rail pressure code while you're cranking?

ive double checked conectors and yes it is. I just checked my wif sensor and it is leaking some fuel out of maybe that's the cause of this truck not starting

Had something similar when I replaced the fuel filter on mine. If that dang filter housing is sucking even a teenie bit of air, forget about that thing starting!

now is there any way to test the filter housing to see if it is leaking air or suckin air

just a update rebuilt my filter head with a merchant auto wif delete and still was losing prime so I went over everything again and noticed one my return lines behind the filter housing broke off so I ordered a new one and will see if this solves my problem
:nail:

Like the other guys have said it takes them a long time to get prime back and going. I cracked a line on each bank and cranked till I had fuel, just to make sure I had all the air out.

im gong to have to try that once my return line comes in . hopefully it will start this time .

Took mine about 20 minutes worth of cranking to get it to fire.... keep a battery charger or fresh batteries close.

Hope she fires up today. Give me a call if it does, so I can confirm that she's alive lol

Well just pute the new return line in still won't start It smells like its burning some fuel but no start it is also still looking prime after about 5 mins of sitting

need a scan tool so you can see if you are even building any rail pressure or any codes.

I'm going to get one off my buddy this week I'm thinking I have a weak cp3

havent had a chance to work on the truck been busy at work im going to mess with it this weekend ill post updates

Back