low on power

rhino 660

ive got 160 pump 181's 18.5 degrees 100 plate modded afc mack rack plug 3000gsk highram intake unknown injectors i think 150 jammers and bd towing twins
i had a 12valve and it was so much eaiser to tune but this setup has me stumped i have noticeably less power then i had with the vp (463hp 990trq on biodiesel) i got some good smoke on low end but it cleans up around 20 psi also i used to peg my 60 psi boost guage now i hit 40 or so
im thinking its my gsk limiting me what do you guys think

grinded the back of the arm, but the more i think of it that has to be the prob i will take out the foot tomorrow to see if that is limiting me also fuel press is 30 psi

You probably need to take off the AFC and make sure your getting the right amount of fuel based on your air. I am not an expert but it sounds like you are getting some fuel down low and when your turbos light the fueling ramps down instead of up.

afc was working great but i took out the afc foot anyways i will test it tomorrow
also can i run a 4000gsk with the stock valve springs :bang

afc was working great but i took out the afc foot anyways i will test it tomorrow
also can i run a 4000gsk with the stock valve springs :bang

As long as you dont run all the way to 4k you would be fine. I would think 3300-3400rpm would be ok. our builds will be similar but I'm running 200hp sticks and I'll probly do .084" lines and tubes.

I know a certain someone who I will not name, he runs 5k springs on a 12v with stock valve springs.

i did 84 lines but not them tubes i think i will get the 4000 its only 15 bucks

bump your timing up to 25+ and also you will need bigger dvs with a 160, I liked 024s best in a 160 pump

I ran 4K plus on a H2 cam with stock springs. No ill effects.

Is the govenor arm contacting the plate properly or going under it?

update!!
i took out the afc foot and as expected i gained alot of smoke on the low end it hurt my accl and top end was no different

Back