Needing tips on cheap ways to add power and cheap ways to build tranny

AlabamaLBZ

I have an 06 LBZ and im trying to find some cheap ways to add power and build my tranny i have a 120hp diablo sport tune now but im about to sell it and get efi live but i know im going to have to have some tranny mods. Id really appriciate some suggestions if anybody could help.

build the tranny right......... stage iv will cost ya around 4k....... some have done it cheaper....but my point is a tranny will set the foundation to lay down power

I have an 06 LBZ and im trying to find some cheap ways to add power and build my tranny i have a 120hp diablo sport tune now but im about to sell it and get efi live but i know im going to have to have some tranny mods. Id really appriciate some suggestions if anybody could help.

Cheap and duramax allison dont go together in the same sentance.lol Spend some money and do it right not cheap, cheap jobs turn into twice the money in the long run>

well thats what i figured do any of yall have any big power efi tunes yall could hook me up with?

you could build your trans yourself if you had the time and tools. thats what im gonna do. An ATSG Manual will help you out a whole lot.

well thats what i figured do any of yall have any big power efi tunes yall could hook me up with?

There's some LBZ tunes posted in the tune library on dieselplace and duramaxdiesels you could try for free. Problem is they are basic tunes not designed specifically for your truck and modd's. Point being, to get the full potential out of your truck you will need to pay a knowledgable tuner or learn how to do it yourself. Like previously stated, Duramax and cheap dont go together, take your EFI money and put it towards a tranny first, all that power will do you no good without a stout transmission. I would suggest a suncoast or contact Mike L or IdahoRob for some different options and pricing...

what about the stage 5 kit from ppe? it says its good to 1200 hp. does anybody know anything about it?

you could just go with the suncoast stage 3 or 4 you really dont need the five unless you want to build the motor to make some serious power

First decide what you want to accomplish then figure out what it's going to take to get there. Before I did anything I do the tranny, and I'd build it pretty good or you will be doing it again. If you just want street power that is one thing, drag racing other than brackets is another and sled pulling is yet another. None of it is cheap. Probably the cheapest is to keep you eyes open on the for sale threads and picked up the mods you need there, that will save you money for sure. EFI live is by far your best tuning choice. Choose a tuner who has a good track record for making trucks live. Lots can make power, far fewer can do it and make your truck survive. Idaho Rob is one of those who can. My absolute best advice is don't do it at all, that is by far the cheapest.:badidea::D

Depending on what you wanna do with your truck you could install a triple disc converter and a trans go jr kit and be good to go for a pretty long while depending on the tune you put in it. But you've gotta look at the labor involved in taking the trans in and out for the converter, since it's already gonna be all the way out why now build it? It's kind of one of those rock and hard place deals. I see it a lot. But like everyone else has kinda said, cheap and duramax don't really go together in the same sentence. Either way you go, just make sure you do whatever you decide to do right and don't cut corners!

You want cheap build a 12 valve cummins, you want to win? BUILD A DURAMAX!

Depending on what you wanna do with your truck you could install a triple disc converter and a trans go jr kit and be good to go for a pretty long while depending on the tune you put in it. But you've gotta look at the labor involved in taking the trans in and out for the converter, since it's already gonna be all the way out why now build it? It's kind of one of those rock and hard place deals. I see it a lot. But like everyone else has kinda said, cheap and duramax don't really go together in the same sentence. Either way you go, just make sure you do whatever you decide to do right and don't cut corners!

do you think a triple disc and the transgo would hold a ppe hot +2 or a nice efi tune and a airdog pump?

do you think a triple disc and the transgo would hold a ppe hot +2 or a nice efi tune and a airdog pump?
yup, it sure will...for a while. The 6 speeds will hold higher HP levels for a lot longer than the 5 speeds with just the trans go and converter.

Not for long enough to make it worthwhile, IMHO... If you are going to pull the transmission to change the T.C. you might aswell do it right and upgrade the internals...............

Cheap Idea - Spend 1 dollar on a WINNING lotto ticket! :hehe:
Then you can build it right.

Not for long enough to make it worthwhile, IMHO... If you are going to pull the transmission to change the T.C. you might aswell do it right and upgrade the internals...............

It'll hold longer than you'd think if the tune is a good one, and yeah I agree with building it while it's out, thats just one of those rock and hard place deals.

i know everyone is telling you build your tranny and you do need to for power but something that is pretty cheap that i noticed a difference in is the ppe ported fuel rail fitting noticed a big difference in the truck when i installed this i hope this helps

Back