New 87mm turbine wheel.

DRTurbo

Turbocharger Engineer
We now have a new LDP (Low Drive Pressure) 87mm turbine wheel. The wheel is still the 87mm/80mm Major/Exducer. The turbine has a taller profile height and more aggressive blade pitch. It will not drop in to your existing 87mm turbine wheel housing, but we can CNC your housing if needed. The turbine wheels are now available and are still the same price additional as the older 783 (87mm turbine). The turbine wheel will drop drive pressure lower then the current 87's for you guys pushing the units, but don't have quite enough for the 92mm LDP turbine wheel. All current orders of units with the 87mm turbine ordered June 1st and later will receive this turbine wheel in it :rockwoot:

:Cheer:

Is this the wheel from borg?

Not this particular one....

.....we also have all the turbine wheels from Borg. This one was designed to shrink the gap between Borgs baddest 87mm and the LDP 92. Some guys just don't have the fuel to keep the 92 lit, but too much for the 87 Borg wheel. This is the bridge :woohoo:

What about the 87/77 turbine? How would this compare and what are the differences, adavantages, disadvantages, etc?

What about the 87/77 turbine? How would this compare and what are the differences, adavantages, disadvantages, etc?

We use the 87/77 turbine to bridge the gap between the 83mm turbine and 87mm. The 87/77 is the fastest spooling of the 87 turbines, but flows the least amount too.

We use the 87/77 turbine to bridge the gap between the 83mm turbine and 87mm. The 87/77 is the fastest spooling of the 87 turbines, but flows the least amount too.

LDP wheel as well or no?

At what point would the 87/77 become second choice to the 87/80? When is it the restriction? Any chance pictures of the turbines could be posted for reference?

LDP wheel as well or no?

At what point would the 87/77 become second choice to the 87/80? When is it the restriction? Any chance pictures of the turbines could be posted for reference?

87/77 is not an LDP wheel. As for when to swap...all depends on the setup....you would need drive pressure #'s and EGT #'s. Also inlet temp #'s pre-cooler to make a true educated decision. I will see if I can get Blake or Jason to take some pics of the turbines.

Its in the mail bud, greatly appreciate it! Left you a phone number in there for when its done so I can pay the man

On the dyno...looks like we are dropping on average around 8-10% on drive pressure with this new turbine wheel. ;)

Sounds like a great product! I'll have to postpone my order a month or so ran into a few issues.

got mine today!!! f#$@ing sick! s478 li with 87ldp turbine t-6! biatchs

Back