Pro Stock Entry

IdahoRob

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Thought I'd give an update. The old thread is closed so I started a new one.

Just finished up the cage for 25.4 specs. This took a lot more than I thought as the car was supposed to been cert. ready when I bought it. Anyway we are good to go now.

Yukon gear put together a sweet rear end package. 40 spline drilled axles, 2.91 pro gears with a spool and a Mark williams pinion support. Has full 4 link with coil overs.

The engine is a So Cal LBZ with some new goodies.

Transmission by Calvins Auto in LA. 48re with trans brake for now

I'm testing a couple different converters for this project and looking forward to results.

Injectors by F1 of course and pumps by Shane at Motorsport Diesel (Wicked)

Parallel GTX's with a custom W/A intercoolers and plumping by Pat @ Big Twin Diesel.

I plan to have it running and driving within 3 weeks. Street legal and race ready for the Texas opener.

Last edited:
I'm setting it up to do Hot Rod Drag Week and NHRA events also. I don't think it will compete with the fast cars in the NHRDA pro stock class, but hopefully will go rounds and be respectable. Most of all, have some fun.

Looks like it needs a title sponsor with all that bare paint...LOL

Last edited:
Truck looks good man! It'll be nice to drop 3000 pounds off your race weight! LOL

Looks great Rob, I can hardly wait to see it on the track, put the headlight dimmer switch on the floor to the left side like the good old days.

LOL, love the idea of running Drag Week too! I plan to put full lights into my Pro Stock truck in case I ever get it reliable enough to tackle that too!

Reason for the 2.90 gearing?...

Also hope you plan on running a BIG diameter roll bar to keep the twist out of the chassis.

Reason for the 2.90 gearing?...

Also hope you plan on running a BIG diameter roll bar to keep the twist out of the chassis.

If I had to guess...

-Half the weight of a pick up
-4 speed auto
-need tall gears for mph
-dont need gear reduction off the line w/ the tq its making and the lightweight chassis

With 32 inch tires I get 164mph at 3500, and 187mph at 4000, seems about right for the ET it should run.

It needs a nickname....... I'll work on it.

Back