Remove water spots from auto glass

on paint? enlighten me.... I have them on my hood

Glass, you know that clear stuff that's ~3/8" thick you tend to kiss if don't wear your seatbelt.

duh... yes that too enlighten me

I though you were going to tell us!

Well...there is this product I heard about in the past that is supposed to be amazing...I can't remember the name of it though.. I'm no help huh?

I always used vinagar and water... With a straight razor. Finish up w/ a coat of Rain-X. :)

I used to buff the glass w/ a polish, but it is too much of a PITA.

aquapel is the poo for repelling rain, but it aint cheap

4S FED said:
I always used vinagar and water... With a straight razor. Finish up w/ a coat of Rain-X. :)

I used to buff the glass w/ a polish, but it is too much of a PITA.

How well does this work??????

I was going to teach the kids about carefully compounding the glass because I have never seen anything else work on bad glass.

Thanks!

TooMuchBoost said:
How well does this work??????

I was going to teach the kids about carefully compounding the glass because I have never seen anything else work on bad glass.

Thanks!

Which one? The Vin. and Razor, or the Polish???

TooMuchBoost said:
Compound/Polish

Didn't know the vinegar worked.

If it works on your shower.......... :ugh: LOL

I used to use a "cleaner wax" w/ a buffer. It worked good! But, you have to be carefull. :)

On a bad car I use Ultra Cutting Creme (compound) and a wool pad buffing no more than 5 seconds at time to keep the glass from getting too hot.

I don't like doing it though.

There is a product called "Sparkle" made by C.R. Laurence Co. that works awesome for removing water spotting on glass.
Cat. # SP101
I picked up a bottle for $6.95 at my local glass center.
This stuff is the best product I have ever used for cleaning glass.

Dang it...it's killing me that I can't remember the galss cleaner I was talking about

An old cheapskate method I have used was newspaper. Wash the vehicle and dry the rest of it with your towel/chamios/whatever but use newspaper to dry and buff the windows. Won't leave water spots and seems to take them out as well.

Billy, we are talking about two different kinds of water spots here. I'm talking about the ones from acid rain that are etched into your glass.

Flitz polish works too...... I have used it on my outside rearview mirrors a couple of times..... Took the spots right off......

I've got some terrible water spots on the windows of my 88 Mustang.....would you care to enlighten me on what is the best way to get them off...

Back