Removing a wrap

creeg

RELENTLESS
So I've decided to remove the wrap from my puller. Does anybody have experience in removing a warp or know how big of a pain in the arse it is?

Last edited:
Thankfully I've never had to remove any, but the local guy that puts 'em on says the special high speed rubber wheel units work well for removal (looks similar to a grinder with a special rubber wheel on it.)

A 3m eraser wheel will work. It seems like that would take a long time though.

I've got plenty of eraser wheels but im thinking that if I can get the wrap to come off fairly easy that wet sanding should remove all the glue residue. Either way the truck is getting repainted. Just wondering if there is an easy way to peal the wrap off.

Why paint it? The wraps are so much easier to get the graphics etc.

Well I've thought about rewraping it but its more convenient in my current situation to paint it. Ben your just going to have to wait and see lol

Best practice is to do it on a day warmer than 70 deg, and a bottle of citrus cleaner. If the wrap isn't that old, it should come off pretty easy. A heat gun gets too hot, so I'd recommend a hair dryer.

Well warm days are a long ways off for me lol so a warm shop will have to work. Im going to start this adventure soon. Thanks for the input.

will you calm down your not going pulling any time soon lol.

Honestly what I would do is use a heat source, hair drier or heat gun to warm up sections at a time and just peel it off. BTW id never use sand paper to get the glue off, that will get clogged up and take forever . Id use gas, its cheap and it works well for dissolving all kinds of glue. I use it on my Dakota all the tome to get tar off the bottoms of the doors. If u plan on keeping the paint under the wrap (which it doest seem like u are) you will need to do a good buff and polish after cuz the gas will take off all of the wax too.

hope it helps,

Rob

Thanks man, no truck is getting repainted after the wrap comes off.

Still trying to figure out the paint deal. I mean if the truck goes for sale a wrap will have added value, if the new owner wants to change the exterior appearance. Also if you ever want to change the appearance.

Its easy...Point a torpedo shop heater at it to get it warm it will come off in big sheets, ascetone to glean any sticky stuff if there is any at all.

Still trying to figure out the paint deal. I mean if the truck goes for sale a wrap will have added value, if the new owner wants to change the exterior appearance. Also if you ever want to change the appearance.

But a wrap nor paint add hp. Plus its pretty much free to paint for me. Id leave the wrap but that was Kevin's thing. I do like it but kinda want my own touch on the truck. Plus im bored and need an excuse to mess with the truck lol

Last edited:
The truck is in my shop now and it stays at a nice 75+ degrees lol

Back