S475/87/1.25 too small as a primary on 6.7?

91shelbydaytona

My brother just purchased a semi-built truck and the compounds had a bunch of exhaust leaks. We tore the compounds off to repair and turns out it has a s475/87/1.25 t4 charger as a primary. Is this sufficient turbine flow on a 6.7? It's a BD kit that was using a 64/71 as a secondary which we are replacing with a 62/68/14.

My brother just purchased a semi-built truck and the compounds had a bunch of exhaust leaks. We tore the compounds off to repair and turns out it has a s475/87/1.25 t4 charger as a primary. Is this sufficient turbine flow on a 6.7? It's a BD kit that was using a 64/71 as a secondary which we are replacing with a 62/68/14.

Better off running that 475 as a single and put on a .90 T4 housing.

That's what I said, but he doesn't want a smokey setup. He wants a quicker spooling tow setup and it supposedly dynoed 750ish hp in this setup. But I'm not sure what drive pressure was

I’ve messed around with a 475 as a primary with a 83 t4 1.10 turbine on a 5.9, and if your not racing it sure makes for a fun torquey setup. This was a 12 valve. Instant boost!

I’d imagine it’s only amplified more on a 6.7 with unlimited tuning. Obviously it won’t really hit its true power potential due to the turbine restrictions, but it sounds like a killer towing setup for higher elevations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowing it’s a borg Warner it’s a stepped turbine. Is 87mm the turbine inlet or outlet? Reason for asking is that it could be either a 96/88, 87/81, or 87/80 depending on which side of the wheel you measured. The factory cast 75mm compressor is a little clunky but can support 750 of air with enough injector. On a 6.7 I would definitely keep the 64/71 and I think any of those primaries would work well as a tow setup, with the 96/88 turbine keeping the power further above 3250.

It is 87mm on the large side or inducer of the turbine and also has some sort of billet/machined compressor wheel. Im more familiar with 12v stuff and think it would be a great towing/street primary for them, just not too familiar with 6.7s. The 64/71 is toast and we already have a sxe62/68/14 here which is what agp recommended. I think we will put it back on and if need be turn the power down until its a happy setup. Should spool ridiculously fast.

Back