Took truck out for maiden voyage.

JohhnyFoxtrot

need a trailer
As it says I finally got it to the track last night to race. I thought I had all the kinks worked out over the last couple months of street driving. Apparently I was mistaken.
THe first run I made was off to a ok start and once I hit the lock up switch in second it felt alot better than last years runs. Got to about the 1000' mark and heard that bad sound of an intercooler boot coming off. I did have a bit of luck that it didn't blow the side out and just pushed the pipe off the top turbo. Finished the run at 12.32et@95mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9TGSXgaAUY

I got that fixed and adjusted wastegate and went out for a nother run which the same thing happened. I had a little better 60 ft time and alittle faster in the 1/8. Ended that run with a 12.51 at 80 someting mph. THis run boost was 58psi overall since it was turnt down and blew pipe at maybe 60- 65psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwiuCvYnu2Q

I will get the time slips posted in a couple minutes. If anyone can figure what the final trap speed would have been and maybe a good guess in mph what it would have been if I would have kept it together.

Have a 62/475, flux 4.5's, and running TNT Revo on sw7, 2 625 jets with water, Temps was about 1400* on each run.

Please critic.

Here are my timeslips. I am number 697 on it.

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

With that kind of 1/8 MPH and ET, I would guess you may have touched 11.95-12.05 and 105-110mph. Just a guess though. Do you have lips on all the piping that blew apart?

Theres alot to be had in your 60'. Get that down to a mid 1.7 and your knocking on 11's.

With that kind of 1/8 MPH and ET, I would guess you may have touched 11.95-12.05 and 105-110mph. Just a guess though. Do you have lips on all the piping that blew apart?

Yeah have them gonna weld a few more beads on this week. I use to go 110 in the 1/4 running 82mph in the 1/8. Guess I will run it again at Indy @ NHRDA.

I leaved as hardx as I can which is about 20 psi.

Good job man! I feel your pain abouth thinking having it ready. My truck has been great the past few months and I wake up to go to the track drive to the shop and had a bunch of problems. I get to the track launch and it takes off in second then goes back into first, then it shifts into od at 70. I felt like a dip chit.

Give or take corrected 1/4 mile times are 12.0 @ 117mph...like everyone said, lot to be had in the 60....every .1 off the 60ft is worth about .15 on the big end.

Thanks men I probally would have put it back togther that night and ran it once more but I felt the insulatipon under hood had suffered enough already since it had been totally blown off from escaping air and the threat of breaking the clamp on boot and having to drive 45 min home. I guess theres alwas tuesday night runs there.

While it's a bit apples to oranges - my small-block street Vega, when it was running well it would run 7.40 @ 94 mph (1.55 60') in the 1/8-mile, and 11.60 @ 117 mph in the 1/4. When it had a blown head gasket it would run 7.70 @ 88 mph and 12.0 @ 112 mph (1.69 60'). In other words, your near-94 mph 1/8 would probably be somewhere between those in 1/4 mile mph, but probably only around 12.0-12.1 without picking up some 60'.

Is there anyway to speed up my 60' time without putting a higher stall convertor in it? I take it up as far as I can with the shift defuel on the Smarty and it always stays at about the 1.9-1.99 range. IF I do turn the defuel off what psi should I take it to?