Towing turbo(s)

If your looking to stay with a single a S300g (super b, 57/65/14) can be bought for just under a grand.

Google shopping said so.

Have you ever measured it at 57/65/14?

All of them I've had are 54/65/14. Still a good charger, but the 58ET I suggested is in a whole different class. I also have a 60ET/68/14 on a 24v in our FL80, and it is very nice up to about 65K lbs at approx 425hp. The 24v head likes a little more wheel, and it's geared about 4.30 gears.

I've never been a fan of anything bigger than about 60mm and towing on a 12v, especially if you're in the mountains. I ran a few 62mm with each turbine, and I was just never happy with how well it cooled. Seemed like they all got to about 1200* and just stayed there. Once it got hot, it cooled, but it could never cool it before then. The smaller stuff cools way better than the stock charger, and will actually cool enough to keep temperatures under control before they get high.

EngineeredDiesel.com

Again, just my opinion, yours may vary.
Chris

Just looked at there site, Not much to look at, no prices , guess i will have to call.

I was looking at the S300g that was suggested.. 62.9/97.8/.68ar ? all these #'s , not sure exactly how to pick exactly .

Any of the S300G's I've had in my hands did not measure 62.9mm...they didn't even measure the 57mm they were advertised at. But those were old chargers, maybe the new ones are actually right?

Either way, I don't think you're be happy with a 62/63mm compressor towing where you are.
Chris

Just seen what DAP calls a K27. Its 60/80/18 but that might be a little large on the turbine housing although it is twin volute. Anyone try one of these yet?

K27 does ok on our 6603, never tried one on a pickup though lol

the s300g says it will go 500 on a cat 3126, Not too sure about that , ANyone have any experiecne with that peticular turbo ???

Found one on E-bay, cheep and brand new .. ??

Show me a 500hp 3126 CAT first, then we'll talk about a charger for it.

Where did you find this 63mm S300G?
Chris

I was a bit shocked, in box, new , and under 500 bucks ?? where's the catch ??

And it does have a WG , anyone know anything about it , or have an oppinions on how this might do ? , Of course I like the price too

Well, it's T4 for starters, so you'll need an adapter for the manifold. It's a full marmon flange, so you'll likely have to build your own downpipe. It's also a slip fit hose connection for the compressor outlet, so you'll either need to weld a vband to it, or buy a boot to adapt your intercooler to it.

Also, I'll almost guarantee you it's Chinese junk.
Chris

If all you want is cheap, with no regard to performance or fitment, I have an S300G that is used, but in good shape. $400. It is T3, and takes an HX40 downpipe, that I don't have here. I'm sure they are still easy to buy.

Chris

Thats the info I was looking for, if its not going to be a good fit and perform well, just wondering why it was suggested ?

Would it do better than the hx35w that i currently stuck with ? Its off a manual engine ( as is the engine as well ) .

OK, Great .. thats the kinda info that keeps me commin here for what i need , Thanks 600

A 300g will flow more than a 35, it'll be lacking as a single but there's not many out there that work better for a secondary. If you have a good 35, spend your money a 471 or 475 and piping kit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Going to runa single, till I can purchace a 2nd for compounds.. My worries with the 35 is the lack of out put ( the drive pressure is a bit on the high side 12cm housing ) ..

and then there is the shaft that can break ( 7mm vs PS 12mm i believe) , so I'm not thinking of building a compound set out of a hx35w ..

Been hearing all kinds of #'s for the primary, 471,472, 475.

Going to start with 1 and then go form there, All the Imput has been awesome, I definatly need to think this all over and be selective about what I pick and for what I intend on doing more.

Thanks guys. :thankyou2:

to the original poster of this thread..

trust me.. If ANYONE on here knows 12 valves, chargers, and what works best for you.. Chris is the guy to ask for advise... He has helped me before, and without a doubt.. he is good..

yeah the 58et he was taking about seems like a good set up, or the 62/65/14, i have ridden in a truck witha 180 pump and 5x12's and it seemed real nice, little to no lag with 4.10's ..

the next hurdle for me is price. ripped up my right shoulder in febuary, re-injured again in 2nd of june, now its lookin like there gonna cut it open and fix it , hopefully the truck can be fixed while recover .

Back