trailer paint

cummins cowboy

I'm due for a repaint on my stock trailer. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg on paint as it doesn't need to have a show quality paint job. Just want to have a fairly durable finish. What paint is everyone having luck with that won't be dull and chalky after the first summer in the sun?

PPG's Omni doesn't seem to get dull and chalky. I have also heard that there are latex based paints that hold up really well, although I don't have much experience with them.

Implement paint.. I watched Cliff clean his truck with brake parts cleaner and a rag, and it was still shiny.

Yeah didn't catch that.. Real bunch of help this apple pie is making me.

A acrylic enamel would be my choice on a trailer. Don't go the basecoat clear coat route for sure. The implement will dull quickly. If you was doing white I would consider implement, just buy hardener. And use paint thinner to thin it. Usually 12-13 drips off the end of a paint stick in a 10 second count sprays good.

Yes I'm wanting to spray it with a white single stage acrylic enamel. Seems to me that a lot of the implement paints are alkyd enamel. Does anyone know of any that aren't? I've heard decent things about Valspar implement paint w/ hardener but never seen anything painted with it myself. Has anyone had any experience with it? I've had a hard time finding any data sheets on the implement paints looking online

White huh. I would just go down to the local tractor supply, menards, home depot. Implement paint, hardener and paint thinner. Definitely good mask. Orielly, Napa. 20 bucks. Give it 4 even coats after a good pressure wash and a mediocre scotch bright rub down (red).

Implement paint, hardener and paint thinner

Exactly what I did. I got the stuff from Tractor Supply. Three years later, it's held up very well on my 24' triple axle. I've hauled vehicles, firewood, tractors, junk, landscape rock (not on pallets), metal, etc, etc.

I can post pics if you're really interested...feeling too lazy at the moment.

--Eric

I agree on using Implement paint. It's very durable and handles UV very good. Applying rust neutralizer on rusted spots before painting is a good method as well.

Use enamel implement paint from tractor supply with a hardener. Did this to a trailer 2 years ago and held up great

Back