Turbo spec compilation thread

The HE400 series chargers have 3 different wheel types, Cast, Billet Aluminum, and Billet Titanium

Do they have a cast iron housing for those titanium wheels? I have some wheels and dont want to run without proper burst containment.

The S200 Turbo's have an 84mm exducer on the cold wheel, not 80. All the literature that Airwerks has out there says 80mm, but Ive had three box stock S200-56 turbos and an A3K (S259) and the exducers are all 84mm.

If anybody has access to an S200-56 (317222 or 317246) they can verify that.

cleaned those XX55 turbine maps a little bit:

X-axis is exhaust mass flow compensated with turbine-in temperature, Y-axis is expansion ratio. You want the crossing point of your parameters to hit the curve.

http://s11.postimg.org/k0lslwy0j/HX55_86_80_H500_B86_J9_GNS22_W_2_puhdistettu.png

X-axis turbine speed, Y-axis exhaust massflow, those lines from 1.4 to 3.0 are gas velocity to turbine blade velocity ratios, I think ?

http://s1.postimg.org/gbc1qfodr/HX55_86_80_H500_B86_J9_GNS22_W_puhdistettu.png

Leiffi, I can't make heads or tales of any of these....what strange units they are using.

A 71mm wheel makes 120 what? Certainly isn't lb/min or Kg/sec. What the heck is root K?

Leiffi, I can't make heads or tales of any of these....what strange units they are using.

A 71mm wheel makes 120 what? Certainly isn't lb/min or Kg/sec. What the heck is root K?

They are temperature compensated, K is Kelvin. Only real and accurate way, just more complicated. I think 71mm maxflow is about 0.75 kg/s , I have not made the calculations yet.

They are temperature compensated, K is Kelvin. Only real and accurate way, just more complicated. I think 71mm maxflow is about 0.75 kg/s , I have not made the calculations yet.

http://s22.postimg.org/a76ipsyr5/HX5...A98_K72_RB.png makes 0,7044 Kg/sec @ pressure ratio of 3.
Also it’s just a Holset outline not approved so it could be a white paper making you extreme happy on paper but reality can tell you different and it dos not tell you anything on efficiency.
We only use these Holset outline maps as an estimate on what to use as a replacement turbo.

http://s22.postimg.org/a76ipsyr5/HX5...A98_K72_RB.png makes 0,7044 Kg/sec @ pressure ratio of 3.
Also it’s just a Holset outline not approved so it could be a white paper making you extreme happy on paper but reality can tell you different and it dos not tell you anything on efficiency.
We only use these Holset outline maps as an estimate on what to use as a replacement turbo.

They usually flow a little bit more than "advertised". This is the best you can get, even these are not meant to be published. Turbine maps are not released by any manufacturer.

They usually flow a little bit more than "advertised". This is the best you can get, even these are not meant to be published. Turbine maps are not released by any manufacturer.

Well what I have seen op paper from Holset is usually spot on so don’t make your self happy.
A 0.75Kg/sec is in the range of a 75mm comp inducer size wheel.
Hoset dos not advertise these things and yes not meant to be published.

Well what I have seen op paper from Holset is usually spot on so don’t make your self happy.
A 0.75Kg/sec is in the range of a 75mm comp inducer size wheel.
Hoset dos not advertise these things and yes not meant to be published.

Might be that those engines needed less air than calculated to make wanted power. We can also push them outside map, but not to the left like some dutch pulling team made.

Correction for the list:

The HE341 has a 56mm compressor inducer. It has an odd number of blades, so when measured straight across it comes in at about 54.5mm, however its true diameter is 56mm.

I've got one in my garage. I'll pop the cover off again and get the compressor OD measurement for the list.

So on the 478. Is it a box bw charger or custom? And anyone have a p/n for it?

Thanks. It's a charger I'm really interested in right now as something quicker spooling than the 480 I have on now

7FD31C11-DF58-40A7-AE24-1D038C8D5276_zps4rabsdwe.png

This is a 78mm with the 96/88mm turbine. Does have the cat over though.

Back