water to air vs hogan ic

highoutputc

cheatin in street class
What is the best choice for 2 .6 looking for all I can get outta this truck how many people are running haisley air to waters I think that would be what I may change to

Go water to air. Haisley's are good coolers. I run 2 frozen boost and am very satisfied. No issues and makes very cool intake temps. Below outside ambient temps

Curious how cold people are getting there intake air. Could people post numbers one both a/a and air to water. Thanks

Go water to air. Haisley's are good coolers. I run 2 frozen boost and am very satisfied. No issues and makes very cool intake temps. Below outside ambient temps

If you don't mind sharing which type of coolers your getting from frozen boost?

For a sled pull truck air to water , the air to Air won't have enough air flow to be worth it.

Stupid question: can you have an air to water intercooler as a daily driver and of course while driving on the not run any water... The truck is still my daily driver for now until it's paid for but I want to be as competitive as possible and not really into drag racing

Check into Chisled Performance. They have a 2k, 3k, 4k a2w cooler and can custom make any of those to be 3"- 4" intercooler pipe and 3/4" to 1 1/2" npt with either 2 inlet/outlet or single inlet/outlet. Also priced fair. I went with one 3k with 2 inlet/outlet 1 1/2" fittings.

You wont ever be able to get air cooler than ambient air. There is no way around that. The air to ICE water would be a better way at any speed.

I agree you won't ever get below ambient.

If you want to keep it streetable run a air-air and a air-water both and just run water through it when you pull. That's what I plan to do with my 93

Stupid question: can you have an air to water intercooler as a daily driver and of course while driving on the not run any water... The truck is still my daily driver for now until it's paid for but I want to be as competitive as possible and not really into drag racing

Run a heat exchanger inline and it will be fine as a daily driver.

An aftermarket air to air compared to a lot of these air to water setups is a lot closer than you guys think at the end of the track.

If you think you can automatically go to ANY air to water you will be disappointed. A good a/w setup will cool better of course.

I was running like 120* temps witha spearco.. went to a/w and it was a steady 55-60* and the charger stayed lit at the end of the track without a problem.. I couldnt get the truck to fall under the charger even on a heavy ass sled! the a/a has plenty of cfm its just hot air its moving vs cool air.

Im not sure if i agree with some on how well a spearco a2a does compared to a good a2w setup. Spearco a2a compared to a cheap a2w core may not be a big difference but i would say its there. A well put together a2w setup will push a turbo a fair bit harder than a spearco a2a. Try running a 2.6 hx60 with just a spearco a2a it can be done but alot easier with a good a2w setup.

Do you have data to back your claims?

Just seems logical but I have been wrong before :poke: How fast do you get going in a sled pull true ground speed? Sure and air to air will help some, but and air to water would cool the same no matter the speed and you can add ice in the proper setup. Imo:Cheer:

Last edited:
Just seems logical but I have been wrong before :poke: How fast do you get going in a sled pull true wheel speed? Sure and air to air will help some, but and air to water would cool the same no matter the speed. Imo:Cheer:

One disadvantage over an air to air is you will never be below ambient.

Back