which turbo? need help

cummins0488

In the market for a turbo for my setup. Thinking something like 72/83/1.0 Need a little help from the people that know alot more. Thanks

Fass150
150 hp injectors
Dual pumps
(No cam yet but will be installing one of those too)
Its not a daily driver but does get alot of street use and plan on track use to

Couldnt find the 87 turbine. What will the 1.0 do that i wont like? Spool up slower? I just want it to keep going strong on top end

Is this a street truck? Your daily driver? Or is this going to be a toy only?

You may find that the 1.0 and 1.10 housings take a little more throttle input when your putting around town.

If you're gonna run the 1.0 housing stick the 87mm wheel in it. If you're gonna suffer the extra lag may as well get the most from the top end.

The 87 in a .90 with a loose convertor drives fine if its a street truck. If not I'm with ^^^ I'd go with the 1.0

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

What are your goals for the truck power wise? Tuning? With 150's a 67/83/.9 may do you well.

Like to get in the 800s. Its more of a Street truck setup and track here and there. Currently have ssr but plan to go with udc once my truck is back up and going. I believe i have enough fuel to get in the 800s

There is a thread going now called legitimate 467 numbers and quite a few have made 800 + with that charger.

Not that I know anything about turbos but I just installed a 467.7 FMW with the 90 ex housing. At half throttle I was at 45 lbs boost on my gauge. Its all stock fuel injectors, pump ect..I am almost thinking I should have went with the 1.0 housing.

Not that I know anything about turbos but I just installed a 467.7 FMW with the 90 ex housing. At half throttle I was at 45 lbs boost on my gauge. Its all stock fuel injectors, pump ect..I am almost thinking I should have went with the 1.0 housing.

measure your drive pressure.

From running a s465 and a 72/83/.90 on a 05, I would say that you should stay with the 83 turbine and .90 housing if you are driving it on the street much. The truck i was running the s465 with had Flux 4's, EEP Cam and Wicked Stg 3 Cp3. The truck that i ran the s472 on had 100% over exergy's, Flechter DP3 cam, dual fuelers and light porting on the head.

Anyways, if street use isnt common i would jump up on turbine/exhaust housing size as indicated by the people above. Just make sure your torque converter is "loose" enough to help spool.

I will try to get a gauge on it this weekend to see where I am on drive to boost ratio.

Alright leaning with the 472/83/.90 to start out with until i get some miles on the new motor. Ive got some mild head porting and cam. Now who to contact for one of these chargers. I would like to give someone on here my business