World Finals Pics/Updates

Hell, I didn't even know you were there. I should have yelled at ya via public media and found ya.

After I got kicked in the guts (H&S break) and went to the trailer and drank.

DisplacedTexMexNexican tried to slap me in the nuts...and missed...and found that belt buckle everyone was making fun of last week. :hehe:

I'm glad he missed because I almost punched a good friend in the mowf. :( I take my cashews seriously.

There were not the delays that have happened in the past with the oil downs, track prep looked iffy however looked better toward the end of the race. It would have been nice to see more of the quick prostreet trucks there. I guess they are all waiting to race next weekend. I know Brett is going to Rudy's race, not sure about Jarid or Donavan. Hope they do well.

Jarid said there is an event near his house that he's been trying to make for a few years. This year it's on the same weekend as Rudy's.

After I got kicked in the guts (H&S break) and went to the trailer and drank.

You don't drink.

Jarid said there is an event near his house that he's been trying to make for a few years. This year it's on the same weekend as Rudy's.

You don't drink.

Oh ya I forgot that I don't drink....I actually just at a brick of cheese.

After this weekend I will not be racing at that event also with our truck. Two transmissions in two passes destroyed.

Good luck to all the competitors that are attending Rudys.

My favorite announcer comment of the event came after John's last run....and I quote....."he either has things that clang together....or is just plain stupid." :hehe:

I'll take balls of steel for $1000 Alex. ;)

Anthony what exactly broke on your truck and what leaked fluid after it broke? Good job getting it off the center of the track right away.

In the Diesel TV Live Stream, it looked like Anthony got loose immediately at the first hit on that run, spun, then it went sideways and hopped, then broke the drive line and oil-down ensued all within the first 60'.

Shoot, first 20 feet! That was a gangster launch for sure....all or nothing!

DSC_0707_zps6704bfa5.jpg
I was planning on laying down something to brag about to Timbeaux. My 9.84 pass had a horrible 60 and I forgot to get on the go button until half track. Knew it had a couple more tenths in it. But the rear end wasn't having it.
Snapped the pinion and the seal and bearing pulled out with the driveshaft. So the rear dif fluid leaked all over the place. Felt horrible but I knew it was part of the game.

What a weekend. I'll start loading and posting pics here in a minute. A few key notes:

Congrats to John and his team on another title.
Congrats to bcdeutsch731. That truck screams!
Congrats to Anthony on the quest for 9's.
Semi racing was decent. A few of them went 15.xx and 16.xx and gave us some frame twist.
The oraling was high. I mean as in, why the hell would you lift your truck that high?
Dude did a burnout from the gate to the highway....with a gooseneck....with a golf cart and race truck on the back. :bang
That pink truck makes my stomach turn. :Throwup:

Nice to meet you and a few others!

Yea, I was going to bring up the fact that at least 3 Pro Street trucks ( Jarid, Armor Inc, & Brett ) were in the 8's, without having Seth or Stuckey there. That's pretty insane. It was a great event, especially with several trucks not making the drive this year.

I know very little about putting a race/series together, but my one and only suggestion is this: Payouts need to increase in a little. I heard that only the World Champion got money for year end points. The guys that travel to races all year and end up a few points out of first walk away with little to nothing to show for it. It's getting expensive for guys to travel, and I heard several groups talking about only hitting 1-2 races next year. Reason being, you only have to make 1-2 races to make it to Worlds. Randy and crew are always trying to make it better, so I'm sure they can find a way.

The side pot we had in SD added $360 to first place and $270 to second. I don't know if that's the answer, but at least the money was 100% paid out. I guess the contingency money adds up, if you can keep up with it all, AND buy parts every year from those sponsors.

Brett,
good to meet you this weekend. I think you hit it on the head with this post. NHDRA is pointless to race the series, when you only have to show up to one event, then you are in for the world finals. Outlaw racing is where its at, better payouts, more trucks, and spectators. Rudy's will be one of the best events this year, and offer a chance for some real money.

The only reason you get an invite after making one race is the lack of competitors. If you only have 32 people running a class and 32 is the number of invitations then yeah your going to be invited. That's not the case for for sportsman class.

Jeebus!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxF5R8gdRg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxF5R8gdRg[/ame]

:clap:

I do believe that with more title sponsors, there will be better payouts.

Back