"always somthin" strikes again..fugging cracked block

na the freez plug came out.. part of what i was told to weld it was heat the side of the block.. well the freez plug started to weep a bit, acctually both were a littl. but on my 5 mile drive home it came all the way out somewhere along the way.. at least it didnt get that hot..

Oh, it looks like the freeze plug came all the way out on your drive.....

Now I see why it's funny, you poured in water/coolant only to realize that the freeze plug was long gone.

Are you spending $$$ on a billet replacement, or just going back with a stock freeze plug?

im not sure yet. probably just a stocker with some locktight at least for now until i know if the "fix" is going to work out or how permanent it really is... at this point i just dont know.. I know one thing for sure i am going to change its name to "perseverance"

Any updates on this?

Thinking of welding mine as a temporary thing to keep me on the road til i get another engine built

Well we tig welded it with nickle rod and its held for over 1000 miles and up to 90 psi boost with no leaks yet..

well the weld was just a temp thing like i was told it would be.. dang it.. it started weaping last week after the drags and last weekends pulls it started even more. some block sealer had it slowed but yesterday she cracked about a foot long and theres no stopping it now.. bs part is i was hauling grapes for 75 and hour and now its back on the couch until the guy i was working for calls for some more tractor/truck work..
i need to do a block swap now..

I have a block if you want to sleeve all 6. Your more than welcome to it if you need it. I can bring it down to Drakes with the trophy at the dyno day. Sorry about your bad luck. :(

man thanks brad, drakes has a 1 gen block thats standard for me but this thing got hot, i was pulling 29.800lbs when it lost all the water and it got hot, im not sure what it may have hurt so if its bad drake has the 12v that he was building for the drag truck i might just have to get the long block and slide my stuff into it..
always something and it just money right..

man thanks brad, drakes has a 1 gen block thats standard for me but this thing got hot, i was pulling 29.800lbs when it lost all the water and it got hot, im not sure what it may have hurt so if its bad drake has the 12v that he was building for the drag truck i might just have to get the long block and slide my stuff into it..
always something and it just money right..

ill see what i can dig up at work, adam... whatever i can find its yours...

jason

Back