"always somthin" strikes again..fugging cracked block

ive dynoed it a few times on drakes dyno the most it made as is was 602hp.. also ya the trap speed of 103mph and wieght of 7800(it wieghs a bit more but i dont know exactly) that run put it at 578...right now i dont have the gate hooked up so im just letting the backpressure open it..
i think i might try and weld it first before i go to the point of replacing the block.
on a good note my pump should be done today..

Just out of curiosity, what block # is it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wow sorry to hear that Adam. Best of luck getting everything worked out man.

1996 block, number is #149.. ya sucks. im going to try the drill and weld stitch method with nickle rod.. see what that does. i have another block but ill put off doing the switch until i have more money to do so.. thanks

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. I've been having my own and it sucks.

Change the name. That doesn't seem like a name to go hand in hand with reliability..

ive dynoed it a few times on drakes dyno the most it made as is was 602hp.. also ya the trap speed of 103mph and wieght of 7800(it wieghs a bit more but i dont know exactly) that run put it at 578...right now i dont have the gate hooked up so im just letting the backpressure open it..
i think i might try and weld it first before i go to the point of replacing the block.
on a good note my pump should be done today..

Am I retarded thinking 70# is waaaaaaay more than you need for that kinda power?

Are you loosing power through the drivetrain? Or are you over driving that turbo and loosing it through efficiency?

Adam.
What is your secondary charger. I think it's from Pius, but what size housing and turbine is it.(You know I'm not a fan)

correct, 64/71/12 with .700 gates. at 75 psi im seeing 27between so that hp turbo is making about 22psi.. i dont think anything is being oversped at thos pressure.. heat stays below 1600 until rpms go above 3500 or so and that is prolly because of backpressure being an issue..

and if i drop the boost down heat goes up.. every time

correct, 64/71/12 with .700 gates. at 75 psi im seeing 27between so that hp turbo is making about 22psi.. i dont think anything is being oversped at thos pressure.. heat stays below 1600 until rpms go above 3500 or so and that is prolly because of backpressure being an issue..

Guess I should start lookin at sigs.

Didn't realize you had two hair dryers.

well we welded the block up today.. no leaks, then i got home and realized it was hot..
2011-08-14151249.jpg

i started putting water in and it was just pouring back out.. lol i have to laugh
2011-08-14193823.jpg

Damn buddy your hard on **** !!!!

Sorry to hear about all the issues over this past year, that kind of **** sucks and gets you wondering if you should be doing what your doing. Keep your head up Adam.

BBD

Back