The demise of 2.6?

Our class runs a 24in hitch. Still went through 4 sets of R&P. Taking 500lbs off of the front won't save the rear.

Has anybody actually priced these cheap drop in rear axles that's gonna save the class? How about we just go to a smooth bore cover and drop 2-300 hpcost less than 500$ for a new cover and be good to go.

2.6 should be tube chasis and fiberglass bodies(you can build a tube frame for less than $1000 and surly you can build a fiberglass body for less that $1000 in fiberglass and glue).

Already having to buy new turbo make it a 3.6 smooth bore as they all want more power anyways.

Odl? Why not its cheaper than oem stuff

Since we gave you odl your going to buy six new mud tires anyways so why don't we just make it cut tires and be done with it.

You guys want real pulling trucks let's make them pulling trucks.

Last edited:
If that's all it cost you can't afford not to do it. And since that's about a 4th of what I got priced for a open rear, somwthing don't add up.

If that's all it cost you can't afford not to do it. And since that's about a 4th of what I got priced for a open rear, somwthing don't add up.

6k+? Not counting another 1k+ in wheels depending on what hub setup you use?

There are some neat ways to do cheap rear axles and alum wheels if you get creative. But nothing cheap about making a phone call and a setup showing up at your doorstep.

20-145 800-1000$
Short side axle shaft 150$
Billit hubs 1900$
4 real wheels 1200$, whats that come to one year,s worth of ring and pinions? It can be done cheeper to if you use stock hubs. I can't figure out why any 2.6 puller would ***** about a open rear

Open driveline needs to be allowed to save on the breakage.
3" smooth bore will not decrease the HP, your information is incorrect there.
The 2.5 trucks are running single tires and still having R&P issues, so single tires is not the fix either.

Okay guys I might be way out in left field with my train of thought here but nobody ever likes to go backwards and reduce horsepower so why not get rid of the protrusion rule and bump the power up more by being able to run bigger turbos. Right now the trucks are in the 1200-1400hp range which really puts the power down when the transfer hits then destroys stuff but if you bump the power up another 200hp with a bigger non protrusion turbo then the rpms won't drop down and you'll pretty much blow the tires off at the end instead of lugging down and blowing things apart. Ring and pinions will still break occasionally but not near the way they are now.

Okay guys I might be way out in left field with my train of thought here but nobody ever likes to go backwards and reduce horsepower so why not get rid of the protrusion rule and bump the power up more by being able to run bigger turbos. Right now the trucks are in the 1200-1400hp range which really puts the power down when the transfer hits then destroys stuff but if you bump the power up another 200hp with a bigger non protrusion turbo then the rpms won't drop down and you'll pretty much blow the tires off at the end instead of lugging down and blowing things apart. Ring and pinions will still break occasionally but not near the way they are now.

Combine 2.6 and 3.6

20-145 800-1000$
Short side axle shaft 150$
Billit hubs 1900$
4 real wheels 1200$, whats that come to one year,s worth of ring and pinions? It can be done cheeper to if you use stock hubs. I can't figure out why any 2.6 puller would ***** about a open rear

I can't believe somebody would rather spend 5000$ than to rewrite the turbo rule to eliminate these big map grooves, cut power back by running the old covers most everybody Allready has on a shelf. And if you don't want to give up power, then there is a Indiana, bob, Illinois 3.0 class that allows open rear ends.

Back