The demise of 2.6?

rewrite the turbo rule??? That's not going to solve the breakage.
The 2.5 trucks are breaking R&P's and they are between 700-900HP
What do you propose to do with the 2.5 class. rewrite their turbo rule also?

We should probably give them an open drive line.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay guys I might be way out in left field with my train of thought here but nobody ever likes to go backwards and reduce horsepower so why not get rid of the protrusion rule and bump the power up more by being able to run bigger turbos. Right now the trucks are in the 1200-1400hp range which really puts the power down when the transfer hits then destroys stuff but if you bump the power up another 200hp with a bigger non protrusion turbo then the rpms won't drop down and you'll pretty much blow the tires off at the end instead of lugging down and blowing things apart. Ring and pinions will still break occasionally but not near the way they are now.

You have that class now in FPP , are you happy pulling against HC and HX82s in 2.6 ?? I admit there fun to watch , it was getting old watching Dan put 20 ft on them last year

Okay guys I might be way out in left field with my train of thought here but nobody ever likes to go backwards and reduce horsepower so why not get rid of the protrusion rule and bump the power up more by being able to run bigger turbos. Right now the trucks are in the 1200-1400hp range which really puts the power down when the transfer hits then destroys stuff but if you bump the power up another 200hp with a bigger non protrusion turbo then the rpms won't drop down and you'll pretty much blow the tires off at the end instead of lugging down and blowing things apart. Ring and pinions will still break occasionally but not near the way they are now.

Most likely be a pedal fest with current 2.6 rules and more horsepower.

I had 25 hooks on one ring and pinion. The class didn't force you to make so much power you break all the time. It's goes with the territory. You wanna be too dog your gonna have to push the limits so stop complaining. And if you are tired of that gamble then move on up. You have outgrown your class. You don't see prostock drag racers running bracket races against stock trucks cause they know they don't belong there.

You don't hear me complaining. If I didn't want to be out on that track I would have stopped pulling after the 3rd time we replaced broken parts
Your correct I do want to be the in the top, I don't know 1 puller who wants to be second
Everyone goes for first
I have no problem moving up, but what you forget as a puller, I am also a PPL promoter so when I drop the 2.6 class that is one less hook the 2.6 class has and along with any pulls we help promote. This is not the intention but why would we put on a regional event and not be able to pull in it?
The idea is not to drop the class,it is to make the class a better show. Not to spend 2/3 of the night packing trucks off the track and listening to the spectators complain about how the show dragged on because of all the breakage in our class. Promoters will stop having our class if we don't find a solution to this problem.

Honestly no I'm not happy pulling against hx82 frame turbos in 2.6 I think the power level has gotten ridiculous but it's all because of the gray areas of the rules that the classes have all gotten so outta hand and nobody wants to turn back now so were all left with dealing with parts that can't take these power levels but I do know my class broke less this year on hx82 turbos then they did last year with the hx60. There isn't a solution that's gonna ever make everyone happy and unfortunately all the organizations will never share one same set of rules so all any of us can really do is find whatever class we can be somewhat competitive in and still afford I guess. I know I really like pulling and don't wanna give it up but getting spanked every weekend definitely isn't any fun for me and I definitely don't have the deep pockets that many others do to keep buying all these parts so I need to either come up with something very creative or give up and find a new hobby.

Yeah well when it goes 3.0 smooth bore and open rear there is no 2.6 class anyway. Horsepower always goes up. So you don't think that by having a big rear end and can use all that power. That these guys wont stepup to faster gears and more aggressive tires to put it to the track? Let's see how often the front diffs start blowing up after that.

As a promoter and a puller, long term class preservation should be a goal. Not an immediate fix that opens up another can of worms. I agree that busted trucks is not good for anybody. And as I said I'm not real concerned with PPL and their choice. But that leaves a lot of local org 2.6 trucks in no mans land. So I will use our local org. Illiana Pullers. We have 4-5 trucks that run for points but don't pull ppl. Then we have 4-5 PPL trucks that also run Indiana itpa. If we don't follow the changes then we just cut our class in half. If we do allow them, Now they are not only gonna have a hp advantage they can safely work on increasing that gap. That drives people away and it's hard to get newbies to start when they might as well just send some guys their money and stay home cause it's a lot easier. Lol. That's the Long term thinking that I'm doing as a promoter for our local org.

Last edited:
I am fine with the current 2.6 charger
The easy of tech'ing a smooth bore charger vs the current set up.
Hear say only, it will be the entire 2.6 class western and Midwest

Ease of teching turbos? If turbos actually got teched.
Not sure why the Western series has to match the Midwest series just so a couple trucks can go pull 10hrs+ away a few times a year.

So is mine, send a 2.6 charger down I have no problem comparing our Harts 2.6 to your 2.6 and do the same with smooth bore on the dyno

Let me give you a simple answer, it's more. And I don't need you to tell me what I already know.

Let me give you a simple answer, it's more. And I don't need you to tell me what I already know.[/QUOTE

You started the fact game
Just a simple offer of a motor and a dyno, then the dyno sheets will tell the facts
Thought you might be up for a few dyno passes with your chargers

Go ahead make 2.6 open driveline watch what happens to that class ... 2.8 class ? 5-6 years ago ?. I called major turbo shop today they said they have had more calls on 2.5 turbos in last week than in 3 years they been building them ... Guys not wanting to change driveline ...

Why not go to an actual 2.6 smooth bore to bring power down?

I don't really see the purpose in having a 2.6 ODL and 3.0 ODL class when pretty much the only difference will be the turbo.

Why not go to an actual 2.6 smooth bore to bring power down?

I don't really see the purpose in having a 2.6 ODL and 3.0 ODL class when pretty much the only difference will be the turbo.

That's what I've been thinking too. Since we Allready have the comp wheels cut for 2.6 protrusion, all that would need changed is the cover. Seems like a pretty simple and cheap way to dial back the hp.

Back