Where is SMOKEM

Damnit, this is a loss to this place for sure, thats why I like compd, the ratio of those in the know, to fuktards is high. I missed the thread on the most part, but knew were it was headed....

I know it's hard for people like Scheid or Haisley to take the time to explin everything like he could. Customer relations go a long way.

Dave Goerend has become a pretty big name and he still does have the time for 1 on 1 with his customers. his time is not as open as it used to be but he does still find the time. another great guy.

I've spent more time on the phone with Weston discussing ideas and the pathway for my truck then I care to think. He's guided me through more pump swaps, governor spring adjustments, delivery valve deals, injector changes, turbo ideas, you pretty much get the idea. I've run various injectors from him and have been very happy ESPECIALLY considering the price given what comparable companies charge for a sometimes equal or all together inferior product. Given his willingness to share his findings on other retailer's products he was truely a valuable resource.

Weston is very short in his threads which can be misinterpreted as arrogance, especially if you've not spoken to him directly. Think how bad or how impatient you would become as a mathmatician which is constantly questioned by by first graders of things like what is 5+5. When his answer is 10 and others would argue 11 or 9.5 it's not hard to see that patience would run short. Further, when other companies make a living and a well paid one arguing the answer is twelve, well you can see some people would get upset.

My truck would be stuck running 14.50 today i'm sure of it if it hadn't been for the help he's provided me in my efforts. For this reason I will continue to keep thanks to him in my signature and continue to deal with him hopefully on this board and if not through phone contact.

I too was shocked at his age. If I knew what I knew at his age I wouldn't have run into some of the problems I ran into when I was doing small scale lsx gm motor tuning.

A guy with his kind of talent has no time for the BS that some people throw around. Leave the High School drama out of here and we might get that "For the little guy/Cat out of the bag" info we need.

Weston,

I have just heard of the news as well. From what I have been seeing, I don't blame you. You have given this community more support than you will ever realize. I back you 100%

Back