Fleece stand-alone VNT in Action.

P4100252.jpg

38 lbs boost, 60lbs drive.

I need to put another turbo under it, and put a external wg on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIrBTe34zfc

sucky vid, and you can't even hear the turbo, but, it made between 370 and 300rwhp from 50mph to 154mph.....

Merrick

If you open the collar more you'll get much less drive pressure 2:1 isn't good for performance or EGT's.

If you open the collar more you'll get much less drive pressure 2:1 isn't good for performance or EGT's.

That's WOT, with the VGT full open, and once over 3k rpm. Under 3k, it flows awesome, just can't handle 3k+ with my fueling.

Most the time, since my setup is "dumb", I do run more drive pressure than boost until 30psi, that's where it goes 1:1, until 3K+. If I can time the converter lockup up with spoolup, it's very possible to run more boost than drive.

I'm sure once the Fleece equipment gets tuned for drive pressure and boost pressure, it'll be easy to overdrive the turbo.

With my setup, the turbo can, and does bark very often. I could not run my turbo off boost pressure. With the turbine closed up all I could do was build up to 60Lbs of drive pressure, and no boost.

For sure using a controller is the better way to do things, but then again, my entire setup, excluding the piping cost me under $300.

Merrick

Back