trans shelled out... again

I'm thinking VB problem, or there is a restriction in the return side of the trans. Hopefully I can get some answers from goerend next week.

So I guess there is only supposed to be like 60-90 psi max in the cooler line in lockup, definitely got a problem somewhere. Dave is probably going to send me another VB to try.

So got it back together, still got a erratic whine/vibration from the trans. Works fine and all, just makes a freakin racket. wtf! :soap:

Well I drove the truck on a 3000+ mile trip, no issues except for the noise. Then the line pressure started to randomly drop 20 psi and the gauge fluctuates erratically. WTH. Damn it, never ends with this thing. :doh:

So new Vb installed, still having pressure issues. Only making like 60 psi at idle when warmed up, seems to ramp up slower than it should but still makes 180-190 when the rpms come up. But its constant pressure so it should be making full pressure pretty quick off idle. Also drops pressure a lot when shifting. IDK what is going on.

For the love of God, buy a built trans and just enjoy your truck! I cant imagine having issues for as long as you have... And Ive got the **** end of the stick myself!

Back