trans shelled out... again

The dowels between the engine and adapter are good, at least they were when I had the engine out last year. I don't see how that adapter could move. Also I had run a different converter after the motor rebuild and had no problems with the pump bushings and stuff. I really hope it was the trans case that's bad somehow, one of the dowel holes looked kinda crap but still seemed tight. Who knows. I'm using a good case from a 06 this time so hopefully it works.

Sent from phone

Well let's see how long this sucker lasts. Full billet 48RH now lol. Damn this has been one expensive SOB.
9aqetyqy.jpg

Sent from phone

This **** is getting old. So got the trans in last night, all seemed fine. Now today it started whining/howling again. Can hear some noise in park also. Pressure seems fine, 100 psi idle, 200 unlocked, TC locked 180-190. I have not checked cooler return line flow yet but pan temp hasn't got over 160. Anyway truck is parked till I figure this **** out, hopefully theres not too much carnage yet.

This an old vid but this is what it sounds like.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXG_GDCwZtk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXG_GDCwZtk[/ame]

Just a thought, but have u unbolted the converter and made sure it is coming from the transmission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran the engine a few weeks ago by itself and it sounded fine. I'm pretty sure its the trans making noise, probably somehow related to the pumps, bushings, ect. burning up.

The overdrive unit was pretty much the only major thing not changed. Different case, pump, input shaft, planets, ect. Same VB but it was cleaned/ rebuilt.

Sent from phone

Anyone know much flow is there supposed to be returning from the coolers? Dave G. gave me some specs once but I don't remember and have not had time to call them.

Sonnax has a cooler flow tool so u can actually drive it and see if it stays flowing good the warmer it gets. Maybe some local trans shops might have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back