Anyone here involved with UNOH's pulling truck?

The school definitely played a major part in me getting to the position I'm at now. I am not making a killing but I am making enough to do what I want with, but I am currently working at the Meritor World Headquarters as a Test Lab Technician.

Ya I heard the whole spheel that you will get out of school and be the most respected tech in the shop and :blahblah1: . You only get what you put in with that school.

that you do but the reputation the school has anymore don't count on it much. if you know your chit you will get hired anyway.

the truck pulled???? here in Napoleon at our fair pull as a exhibition this week and didn't even get off the line. Acted like it was over fueling or something. was looking for more.

the truck pulled???? here in Napoleon at our fair pull as a exhibition this week and didn't even get off the line. Acted like it was over fueling or something. was looking for more.[/QUOTE

Pretty sad to say the least. Way overfueled and still running an automatic. Needs a v10 stator in the worst way possible at very minimum

Yeah it's pretty bad when you have a school sponsorship with a rep to protect. But like they said the just pulled it outa the shop and onto the track. Would have liked to see it go though. Maybe next year like I been having to say!!

It's getting to the point that they are getting farther and farther behind the times. That's a 2.6 truck, that on a good day, couldn't compete in workstock, let alone 2.5....... And not a chance in h*** in 2.6.

I think the best move for them is to drop a few classes, get it running, and make pulls.

But, they seem to be happy with blowing smoke (which goes hand in hand for the UNOH stereotype)

The biggest problem with the program is no one knows what they are doing. Like at all. With no knowledge of how to set the engine up , or launch the truck it's doomed. They need to have someone that had a clue piloted it

The biggest problem with the program is no one knows what they are doing. Like at all. With no knowledge of how to set the engine up , or launch the truck it's doomed. They need to have someone that had a clue piloted it

You bring up a good point. I wonder how many, in the diesel club, have even driven a truck down the track?

You bring up a good point. I wonder how many, in the diesel club, have even driven a truck down the track?

When I was there it was slim to none. There were a few that had a clue but they graduated right after I started. It really needs to start as a work stock truck and go from there. I even got parts donated from a few of the people I get parts from. Looking back I feel really bad about it

Do they do the same at the other tracks they go to??? If they drag race or flat track would be like the commercial on TV. Where if your going to do it do it right!!!!

In the 3 or so years they have had it I've probably seen it at least a few dozen times and it has never made a clean pass past maybe 200'

Back