Anyone here involved with UNOH's pulling truck?

I'm glad I took Hi-Po instead of diesel. The school is making themselves into a laughing stock. I think the teachers purposely pick the dumbest students to listen to then use it as gospel.....

I'm glad I took Hi-Po instead of diesel. The school is making themselves into a laughing stock. I think the teachers purposely pick the dumbest students to listen to then use it as gospel.....

There diesel program is pretty impressive for the tech side of it. I don't think anyone can knock that. Your pretty much guaranteed a job if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went there for three months last year... Said screw that joke of a school and went back to work. Thought about joining the diesel club but I heard rumors of it not being very good

I live 30 minutes from there. It was never even an option to go there. We usually hire 1-2 students to work for the drainage company/farm. They all have said that they learn more with us then at school.

You get out of school what you put into it.

Any of you guys bashing them about the truck ever think it is a marketing scheme to get kids to come there? They use it to recruit young people, who wouldn't want to be part of a pulling truck when they know they won't have money to build one.

Any of you guys bashing them about the truck ever think it is a marketing scheme to get kids to come there? They use it to recruit young people, who wouldn't want to be part of a pulling truck when they know they won't have money to build one.

That sounds good but I saw it at 4 pulls this past year and it never got past 10ft. Not much of a marketing scheme if the thing never runs. I don't really know anything about the school and I don't really want to bash them but good grief.

There diesel program is pretty impressive for the tech side of it. I don't think anyone can knock that. Your pretty much guaranteed a job if you want it.

Then whoever hires you ends up completely retraining you anyways..

Went there for three months last year... Said screw that joke of a school and went back to work. Thought about joining the diesel club but I heard rumors of it not being very good

The only club that ever did anything was the offroad club and we built the rock crawling course...

I live 30 minutes from there. It was never even an option to go there. We usually hire 1-2 students to work for the drainage company/farm. They all have said that they learn more with us then at school.

Gotta retrain your monkeys....

**** marketing scheme. All these races and race cars they sponsor didnt exist when I was there. We had to beg just to borrow a school van for a single weekend. Now they send groups to Daytona for weeks at a time...

That sounds good but I saw it at 4 pulls this past year and it never got past 10ft. Not much of a marketing scheme if the thing never runs. I don't really know anything about the school and I don't really want to bash them but good grief.

I can assure you, the truck is a joke...

^^no you only get retrained if you don't listen and learn(usually gets you fired ). I didn't need retrained at all. Some proprietary stuff is taught to us but that's it

That's just my opinion man. I am doing well because that school got me in the door. Yes I worked on a farm for years as well as fleet work during that same time. But that step in the door has my company paying me to finish my engineering degree

I got to thinking about this while I was driving home from seeing family. What exactly don't you learn at the school. I mean you learn the basics of about everything on a semi. I mean yes can you learn that stuff by doing it. But the basics that get taught in my opinion help with troubleshooting.

I agree. I was there from 2004-2006 and thought the school was great. Any douche bag that leaves in 2 or 3 months because he is young and thinks he knows more than some of the teachers there is just a phuckin idiot! I have got a great job making damn good money because of my schooling background! Once a idiot always a idiot i guess. I didn't need trained in my new field fwiw. I learned a bunch off the older techs and still am. Will never stop learing no matter how old I get. I like when the older techs call me for tech advice! Back on topic. I really hope whomever is on this diesel performance board Chuck elwer? Boroff? etc. That it takes off and they get the truck running good. The school is a good school for numerous reasons and has helped me out in my career field.

x2!!! Thats why they do things like this. To DRAW people in!!!! Of course. If it ran good it would be a bigger impact lol

I agree. I was there from 2004-2006 and thought the school was great. Any douche bag that leaves in 2 or 3 months because he is young and thinks he knows more than some of the teachers there is just a phuckin idiot! I have got a great job making damn good money because of my schooling background! Once a idiot always a idiot i guess. I didn't need trained in my new field fwiw. I learned a bunch off the older techs and still am. Will never stop learing no matter how old I get. I like when the older techs call me for tech advice! Back on topic. I really hope whomever is on this diesel performance board Chuck elwer? Boroff? etc. That it takes off and they get the truck running good. The school is a good school for numerous reasons and has helped me out in my career field.

I went there the same time you did. I never took a single diesel class there and I'm making 90k and only work 8 months out of the year working on trucks and oilfield fracturing equipment, 70% of my work is changing oil and filters, I do no heavy work. Before this I was in Iraq as a contracted battle vehicle mechanic for 28 months doing heavy line work for the same pay and by the end of this year I'm hoping to be in Saudi Arabia making twice what I am now working 6 months out of the year. I've met only a hand full of guys coming out of that school making any real money starting fresh or with little experience. I'd say Roy Slaughter (RascalMafia) is probably doing better than 99% of the graduates from that place and he was hired by Cat right out of school...

Last edited:
I went there the same time you did. I never took a single diesel class there and I'm making 90k and only work 8 months out of the year working on trucks and oilfield fracturing equipment, 70% of my work is changing oil and filters, I do no heavy work. Before this I was in Iraq as a contracted battle vehicle mechanic for 28 months doing heavy line work for the same pay and by the end of this year I'm hoping to be in Saudi Arabia making twice what I am now working 6 months out of the year. I've met only a hand full of guys coming out of that school making any real money starting fresh or with little experience. I'd say Roy Slaughter (RascalMafia) is probably doing better than 99% of the graduates from that place and he was hired by Cat right out of school...

The reason you are making that kind of money has nothing to do with taking a diesel class. You are willing to leave the country for work, that doesn't make you a better mechanic.

It's none of the teachers you would think. Last I knew it was Arron Roth. Welding teacher. Nice guy and tries to do what he can for what he knows

I will have to agree with the Roy thing. He seems like he is doing damn good with cat

I left in three months because the AG program is a joke. I worked at a new holland dealership and then went to school, left three months later and came back to work making just under the other techs with only 1 year and half being there. The best thing I got out of that school was my MACS certification

When did everyone go to UNOH? I went 03-05 and worked at cat for 5 years now own my own business. I think the pulling truck seems like a joke but when I went there they didn't have hardly any clubs besides the off road club. I worked 50 hours a week and went to school so I didn't have much free time. I think the school thing is what you put into it. I'm glad I went and it does help on job interviews with the big companies where an HR person reads your resume.

When did everyone go to UNOH? I went 03-05 and worked at cat for 5 years now own my own business. I think the pulling truck seems like a joke but when I went there they didn't have hardly any clubs besides the off road club. I worked 50 hours a week and went to school so I didn't have much free time. I think the school thing is what you put into it. I'm glad I went and it does help on job interviews with the big companies where an HR person reads your resume.

04-06. I prob had class with you at some point.

Back