Issue with my 6.0... already!

ok, i think we are almost fixed here... finally got a badazz scan tool to check everything... it kept throwing an ICP sensor voltage too high code, so called Doug and asked what it could be.. he said its probly the ICP shorting out more or less causing all the computers to go haywire and not let the truck start. unplugger the sensor, and BAM! injectors buzzed, everything sounded fine! swapped out sensors with an older one i kept, but plugged it back in and back to things being crappy... it got dark on us and we felt like drinking instead of working on the truck, so i decided ill just swap my connector back to the old one i kept tomorow during the day and see what happens.. so ill let yall know what happens after a little crimping and connecting, again, tomorow!

maybe so.. i stuck the old one back in and its been buzzing and starting fine now. the only thing ive got to do now is get them damn uppipes lined up right with the turbo.. also, when i rev up the motor now, it has some grey smoke mixed with the black.. what could this be??

i wonder is it has anything to do with one that we didnt realize was unplugged while we were running tests? i guess ill bust azz tomorow after work and get the turbo lined right with the uppipes and get it out on the road and see if it clears up any...

also, we didnt smell any odor from the exhaust.. no fuel or burnt oil smell.. ill try to remember to sniff a little of the cloud and see if it smells funny.......

I truely admire your patients. You sir are a hero in my book. I would have literally set fire to that truck by now. LITERALLY. BIG FLAMES

This Buds for you. :Cheer:

I truely admire your patients. You sir are a hero in my book. I would have literally set fire to that truck by now. LITERALLY. BIG FLAMES

This Buds for you. :Cheer:

thanks man! lol, i was talking with the GF the other night about all this.. i told her in the beginning that i wanted to learn as much as possible about this engine, that way i wouldnt have to rely on the dealership to fix my issues for me.. well, i didnt mean i wanted to learn it all at one time!! lmao! :doh:

well, i think its finally fixed! i got back under the hood tonight and tightened the clamp on the uppipes as tight as i could, fired the truck up and felt for leaks. to my surprise i had none! so romped on the pedal a little, and no smoke under the hood and no grey smoke out the back, only black.. took the truck out and man this thing is runnin nice! i loaded the tow tune and it runs really well with that tune also! im going to keep taking small trips here and there to make sure everything is good to go, and i plan on taking it on a longer roadtrip this weekend.. hopefully all is well! thanks to all you guys for the help and words of encouragement on this! especially Doug, lol, for puttin up with my retarded questions! :Cheer:

Back