Issue with my 6.0... already!

haha ya no kidding! whats the easiest way to get that dern thing lined up right with the turbo?? i can feel where the space is, but cant message the turbo into the right place to get the space closed up..

haha ya no kidding! whats the easiest way to get that dern thing lined up right with the turbo?? i can feel where the space is, but cant message the turbo into the right place to get the space closed up..

If you were closer to Round Rock I would do it for you. For some reason I can do those with no trouble. First make sure the turbo isn't bolted down after you line up the turbo and the ypipe tighten the clamp then do the three turbo bolts then downpipe

If you were closer to Round Rock I would do it for you. For some reason I can do those with no trouble. First make sure the turbo isn't bolted down after you line up the turbo and the ypipe tighten the clamp then do the three turbo bolts then downpipe

ok cool.. ill try that tomorow when i get home from work..

this is the first "problem truck" ive ever had! this sucks lol! but i do have a 12 valve coming that im going to start building just for this truck! now if i can only find the adapters and motor mounts on the cheap, id be doin great LOL

ok cool deal.. ok, one question, when i turn the key on i dont hear the injectors buzzing. then i can crank all i want, and the truck will not fire. is this the ficm, or could it be something else?

Thats the ficm. It doesn't make enough volts to move the spool valve. Or you have a shorted injector that is killing the driver.

You could try to unplug each injector one at a time to check.

when i turn the key on i dont hear the injectors buzzing. then i can crank all i want, and the truck will not fire

That is exactly what mine was doing a few months ago when the my FICM passed on.... replaced it and she fired right up. Hope you get it fixed.

what about the tranny to block plate? would the cummins adapter work, or would i be stuck with having to buy a special adapter from destroked?

Yeah as stated before there are some plates on here from time to time. You could also run the 47/48 RE and be done with it. ANd get a standalone TCM

ok, ill try the injector trick just to eliminate that.. i found an ficm from a guy on this forum, so it should be here on monday.

Big Block 88, with the 47RE, do i still need the TCM? isnt that one mainly controlled by vacuum? ive got a friend that has that tranny just sitting around after his 5 spd swap that i could pick up from him cheap.. im just weighing my options right now just in case something else craps out on this stroker, lol!

and shoot, right now, ive got a nice spot under my live oak tree next to my dually that this thing may be occupying shortly if it keeps breaking on me LOL

Back