EFILive Beta First Impressions

I agree 100%. Iam super exited about seein this and ready for the release. I can't wait to get it and work on a pullin tune

We are all lucky to have EFI Live working on this for us. They are very good at making a functional interface that is easy to use and efficient. They are putting in long hours to make this happen. They deserve many thanks for their hard work!

Agreed.

Here is a vid. This is a tune made with EFI Live beta. Beta tuning for these is new, so there are not a lot of tables available to us yet. You will see many more tables when it's released. I did add some pulse width to the injection table, smooth the rail psi table, added rail pressure in a few areas to assist low end response, removed fuel limit tables, and gained a lot of pedal/drivability improvements. I'm very impressed with what EFI has enabled us to do so far. Truck has factory exhaust, factory intake, factory lift pump etc.....so it's basically a bone stock quad cab 4x4 with power wagon wheels and 305 mud terrains.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc385/bobotune/564df305.mp4

And a vid 0-70mph (lifted a little on take off because of tire spin) in tow haul. Locking the converter and keeping the RPM down keeps the EGT's real cool.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc385/bobotune/8f1314ee.mp4

Hell, I didn't know you could change DTC trip levels. Figured you just shut them off (like for DPF or overboost) completely.

Thanks, and keep the feedback coming guys

Hell, I didn't know you could change DTC trip levels. Figured you just shut them off (like for DPF or overboost) completely.

Thanks, and keep the feedback coming guys

This beta is all new, so I can't say exactly how this controller will work. On a Duramax, a lot of parameters have set limits before a code trips. For example, if the rail pressure can fall 2000psi below the commanded value and set a rail psi low code, we have the ability to change that 2000 number higher or lower to control when the code sets. Going in and turning off DTC codes is not a real good way to tune. Controlling DTC set limits is prefered. We also can control what codes turn on the MIL. This is helpful so you can keep annoying codes that set from setting off the warning light, but the code still shows on a scan tool and you know it's there.

Once again, I can't express enough thanks to EFI Live for taking on this project. There is a lot of work ahead, but you could not ask for a better group of people to put their minds to work and create such an amazing tool!

Last edited:
This is very good news for guys with big chargers and injectors hell for anyone that wants to make their truck more drivable and less smokier with a high horsepower tune.Thanks for sharing Bob and Nick.

This is very good news for guys with big chargers and injectors hell for anyone that wants to make their truck more drivable and less smokier with a high horsepower tune.Thanks for sharing Bob and Nick.

The cool part is there will be more then 3 or so tunes (real tunes, not counting "superchips") available for the CR's. There will be 100's of Folks with real trucks with real issues to solve to cover more configuration possibilities to get more folks started in the right direction. No more number guessing!

I can't wait. :)

Reading through the thread I either misunderstood it or didn't see anything talking about the pre 600 series motors.. Or is the tuning going to work on a Cummins CR period?

It's nice to finally see EFI and Cummins in the same picture. Keep up the good work guys, and thanks for the updates.

Pretty cool stuff they are being tuned as we speak, 6 months from now just wait and see the CR HP and TQ numbers sky rocket along with longevity and effiency.

One thing that will take some getting used to, is seeing signatues saying 07 5.9 CR Tuned by BOBO, Idaho Rob, McRat, Duramax Tuner... I am happy to see the D-Max tuners so openly except the Cummins boys into the world of EFI.

Great job all, keep up the good work, i may start looking for a CR...

Last edited:
As Bobo posted, EFI has enabled the end user to fine tune for his/her needs. This has worked very well for the Duramax, from 300HP to 1500+. Drivability on big HP will be much improved as well as control over how far you are pushing things.

Appears us, as resellars, are fighting/pushing for position. Best advise I have is to talk to your Dmax friends that have delt with the available resellars and ask their opinion. Customer service, ease of getting in touch with them when you have a problem, and help with tuning/data logging when needed. The tuning knowledge will also make a big difference. Oh yeah and being a vender/supporting on this site should account for something.LOL

Back