EFILive Beta First Impressions

IIRC it's gonna be 04.5-07 first then 03/04.

I believe the plan for now is:

1. 06-07 5.9
2. 07-??? 6.7
3. 05 and earlier.

Teddy, TCM tuning will be looked at throughout the development process of the ECM tuning and logging. I'm sure switchable tuning options will follow, but like I said.....this new segment is a huge undertaking for the EFI Live team. It's going to take a lot of work and time. There are a whole list of things being worked on. ECM security is one, the ability to interchange operating systems is another challenge. The list goes on.

Rob is correct in the fact that the vendors need to be supported, people jumping on a site to get there name out is a bit on the snakey side IMO. Remember these vendors are part of the reason Cummins is getting EFI support there was a need for it vendors expressed interest and now it is happening.

Last edited:
Rob is correct in the fact that the vendors need to be supported, people jumping on a site to get there name out is a bit on the snakey side IMO. Remember these vendors are part of the reason Cummins is getting EFI support there was a need for it vendors expressed interest and now it is happening.

You are correct. Rob purchased a truck specifically for Cummins beta tuning. It is very important to him to be sure things are safe before he sells tunes to the public and his investment in Cummins tuning beta shows his commitment to the diesel world to sell the best products and only after he tests them on his own equipment. If I did not do my own tuning, I'd buy everything from him. I also will not be surprised to see a set of MPI twins on that damn truck in the near future. Stock is never good enough for Rob!

PS...the beta software tune Rob wrote kicks ass! He shared his file with me and it runs great! Great work Rob!!:tree:

There are a couple guys like Bob (bobo) that have the best interest of the end users first and foremost, and then some in it just for the buck. Bob is not new to this game as he was one of the very first, original Damx tuners before the rush of start ups.

Again, just do some research and you'll find the answers.

There are a couple guys like Bob (bobo) that have the best interest of the end users first and foremost, and then some in it just for the buck. Bob is not new to this game as he was one of the very first, original Damx tuners before the rush of start ups.

Again, just do some research and you'll find the answers.

Trust me Rob, people don't forget who helped them. I have never baught a thing from you but when I was in a bind and had a dead truck in the shop with tuning issues, a buddy and me called you and I belive you were in the middle of dinner (this was a few years ago now) you knew right away what was wrong and how to fix it, no questions asked...

The best thing the dodge boys can do is come over to the d-max camp and ask for advice. I for one have used about 5 different peoples tuning and I know who had my back in helping me and adviseing me, and I would be more than happy to share my experiences with dodge boys, I'm no 11 second truck but I have wonderful tuning that does excectly what I need it to.

Last edited:
So rob after the software is completely released how long will it be before you will be doin custom tunes on the dodges. I've heard nothing but good things about yours, Mcrat and a few other. Iam itching to get this since I have the dreaded 07 defuel above 3k rpms. Ill be one of the 1st in line for a custom tune when the time comes

At this time we don't have enough tables to take the rpm limiter off. Again this is so early we are just changing a few things and testing more the flashing, than controlling the truck.

The reason I bought a truck is to iron out stock turbo tuning, then install turbo upgrades and injectors, then test and iron that out. Moving up the ladder so I'm confindent that the end product will be great. I like steps and not big shots in the dark.

Don't let anyone fool you, this will be a growing process for the tuners, albeit hopefully quick and painless. The more diesel mechanical knowledge the better to understand what these tables do and why.

Last edited:
I don't have a CUMMINS, but curiosity has got ahold of me. Is the tuning in the CUMMINS ECM simliar to that of the LB7/LLY style or more so like the LBZ/LMM? I know it was fairly easy for me to pick up on how the tuning is done in a LB7 and the LLY is very similiar, but when I look at an LBZ or LMM it all looks greek to me. I know this is still in teh BETA stage so things could change, but I was just curious how it was laid out for now. And does the CUMMINS really run that much timing stock? Or is it one of those deals where it is after the pilot pulse instead of before TDC?

Last edited:
Again, only a hand full of tables, so still unsure what the end product will be. Stock timing tables are pretty wild compared to the damx.

One of the reasons for beta testers is to iron out most things before going public, but that didn't happen in this case. So here we are...we don't have all the answers at this time, but hopefully very soon.

Clearly, I've overstepped my bounds here. I'm not a posting member, just a lurker. I got a little too excited and wanted to share. If you're interested in purchasing EFIlive or getting your truck tuned you'd do well to use either IdahoRob, Bobo, or your local supporting vendor.

Carry on,

Nick

There will be. Most of the tables for testing are pretty basic. We are doing basic testing to be sure calibrations do not fail when we make changes to them. The graphs Nick posted are a product of smoothing functions built into the EFI Live software. You can all do this at home when we are finished. It is very simple to use!

Sweet, I cant wait....

love to see this stuff comming our way would love to see what you can do with it on a cummins. im sure the potential is great

Anyone know if I can replace my 04 ECM with an 06 ECM? I know the 06s have key codes and such... not sure if it would work correctly.

It would be nice to know exactly what would be needed to change over to an 06 ECM. All I read was that there would be a communication issue of some sort involving the dash? It sucks not knowing when or if the 03-05 support will happen.

But regardless of that fact I have a mental hard on right now!

Back