EFILive Beta First Impressions

The TPS table posted (assuming we verify that's exactly what it is) is the beginning command for the fuel rate. The fuel rate still has to make it's way through a few limiting tables with regard to airflow and torque allowances. It may be handy to command full fuel without commanding a downshift by full fueling at 70%TPS, it may not. It obviously has a lot to do with the turbocharger configuration and probably your driveline's capacity to hold that torque load. Keep in mind we'll likely have control over the 48re as well, so you can light that candle at both ends.

Regardless, the control will now be in the tuner's hands. So, be sure to pick one that hates all the others....

images

I got a good laugh on that one Rob.. ;)

Nick

Yeah thats what I was getting at, I like to have full fuel without forcing the downshift. Like cruising coming into a hill, it will go to full fuel even at 25% throttle, but not more than the torque limitation (rpm based) and not more than smoke limitation. My 80% and up is just that, full fuel...fck the limitations.

What else do you have for tables at the moment? If its shareable.....

Anybody ever read the tags at the bottom of the thread?! LMGDAO!!!

The TPS table posted (assuming we verify that's exactly what it is) is the beginning command for the fuel rate. The fuel rate still has to make it's way through a few limiting tables with regard to airflow and torque allowances. It may be handy to command full fuel without commanding a downshift by full fueling at 70%TPS, it may not. It obviously has a lot to do with the turbocharger configuration and probably your driveline's capacity to hold that torque load. Keep in mind we'll likely have control over the 48re as well, so you can light that candle at both ends.

Regardless, the control will now be in the tuner's hands. So, be sure to pick one that hates all the others....

images

I got a good laugh on that one Rob.. ;)

Nick

You won't have much control over the 48RE...it's still about halfway hydraulically controlled. 4th gear, lockup, and the TV I think are all that's controlled electronically through the PCM on the 06-up trucks.

Hopefully the 6.7L and 2010-up trucks get control of the 68RFE though:D
Chris

Bobo tested the pilot injection tables and the tables listened to his commands, so if anyone wants to turn their common rail into a 12 valve, EFI has the tools...:rockwoot:

Rob, when you all get a chance try to turn the post injection event off, thats the one that really isn't needed. Pilot can be helpful in some ways. Thank you and Bob for these updates they are really exciting.

I'm not sure what to think. Were there posts by others deleted? I thought I simply missed something...

I'm confused by it because, he wants people to support the vendors (understood) yet he also says support Bob, (bobo) who's not a vendor.

I'm not picking on anybody I just think if you're going to call out one person for something there shouldn't be a double standard.

Either way i'm done mucking up this thread, I can't wait for EFI for the 6.7!!

:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Are the PIDS laid out In a similar fashion to the dmax pids??

I was modifying dmax pids last night and noticed that they are laid out mm3 and MPa...is that similar to how the cummins pids are???

Are the PIDS laid out In a similar fashion to the dmax pids??

I was modifying dmax pids last night and noticed that they are laid out mm3 and MPa...is that similar to how the cummins pids are???

The EFI crew is currently working that out.

As I read this very informative thread I see many non-supporting vendors calling out others for starting this informative thread.
As being a supporting vendor I see many things in signatures that would not fly on many other sites.
So with that being said For who to support and not to support I would not be afraid to let either Nick, Rob, or Bob experiment with new tuning software or once it becomes available tune on a CR truck for our customers.
I have customers that Run all three of these guys tuning and do a great job of putting the final touches on what we build. Theirs a few others in here that are claiming they are also tuners but I would not let them touch my wife's riding lawn mower.

Whos write whos wrong I guess we can leave that to the admins, but once again as us being a supporting vendor I have no issues with Nick, Rob, or Bob posting there finds of this great new product/software that is long past due.

Yeah there are a lot of wanna be tuners out there. Luckily EFI Live has a great group of Beta testers working to make the software really something ;)

The EFI crew is currently working that out.

Rob. I have a question for you.

On the diesel tuning side, how similar is it to gas tuning? I am very familiar with it on the gas side and I feel that Diesels are not too different one all the fueling tables and such are worked out. The only thing I would need to learn is how pilot injection timing tables work and a few other small things.

Thanks.

You won't have much control over the 48RE...it's still about halfway hydraulically controlled. 4th gear, lockup, and the TV I think are all that's controlled electronically through the PCM on the 06-up trucks.

Chris

I'd be happy if I could control lockup with EFI, no need for a lockup switch.

I'm all about things being programmed to work, not so much for tapping wires and adding switches. That could just be me though.

And for the 6.7 guys, being able to tune the trans with it would be great I think.

Chris
With the throttle valve being electronically controlled, there should be some sort of control over shift points.

With the throttle valve being electronically controlled, there should be some sort of control over shift points.

+1

With the DTT shift enhancer, I can play with the shift points a bit bases on the settings that I use. I am pretty sure we will get a little bit of control since almost all 325 motors have the PCM built into the ECM. Exception is some of the 04.5 trucks which still have TV cable.

I really don't care when it comes, so excited to FINALLY have the ability to tune my truck without a programmer or stand alone(lots of money!)

Some, but that is a long way from what I could call "control"

But, I do agree...it's better than what you have now!
Chris

Forgot to put in my original post above. If we get govenor solenoid control along with TVVA....then we will have a lot more trans tuning available for us.

Back