Roller Rockers?

takes quite a bit of work i would imagine....

i doubt that is just bolt on and go..... otherwise more people would have them.... of course i can think of alot i;d rather spend 4 g's on

I read they require more maintenace because they use a brass bushing on the pedistal, that has to be replaced every so often.

A properly built Roller rockers will last longer than stock in the same conditions.

Less friction, better ratios, cooler oil temps, and more power are all bennifits of getting roller rockers.

With this set here we gained 38 hp on a stock truck, and over 70+hp on a modded truck, the gains dont stop there, it really depends on what you combo is and the ratio that can be used. most are tight lipped because they dont want you to have what they do.

This design i had built will work on all VP and all 5.9 and 6.7 CR's, They are Fully roller needle bearing design and tip, no cheap bushing, wheel pin tip.. A first of it's kind!

i have not made any 12 valve stuff, but figured you would like some info on whats out there.:Cheer:

Last edited:
I called Harland Sharp a couple years ago, price was $2.200.
They did not recommend them for driving on the street with
our diesels.

I dont understand how they are adding that much power to stock and modified trucks. I understand the less friction part would help but with these rockers according to what your saying will add as much hp as what snow performance is claming a 50/50 ration will add on modified. Do you have and dyno sheets or anything im not doubting you cause trust me i have had my shares of been proven wrong... i just can't believe they add that much.

I dont understand how they are adding that much power to stock and modified trucks. I understand the less friction part would help but with these rockers according to what your saying will add as much hp as what snow performance is claming a 50/50 ration will add on modified. Do you have and dyno sheets or anything im not doubting you cause trust me i have had my shares of been proven wrong... i just can't believe they add that much.

They are a higher ratio, similar to putting in a larger cam.

I am using Haisleys. It was about $1k. I did not do before and after dynos as this was not an expected change. It occurred when pulling the head and finding the stockers galled up. Anyway, it does change the ratio slightly and the sotp was quite noticeable. Throttle was "snappier", slight improvement on spool.

Basically on what I have, you are not getting a all new rocker like the OP's link, but just replacing the bushing with roller bearings using the stock arms.

I am using Haisleys. It was about $1k. I did not do before and after dynos as this was not an expected change. It occurred when pulling the head and finding the stockers galled up. Anyway, it does change the ratio and the sotp was quite noticeable. Throttle was "snappier", slight improvement on spool.

Do you have any pictures of them?

They are a higher ratio, similar to putting in a larger cam.

ahh now i understand lol duh!! So with a cam it almost doubles the power?! Sweet! But how much you talking for price cause they look like they are made with pride and non of that garbage foreign bs which is what most of us want. (at least i think)

i was told 14 hp on the dyno.this system was designed not for the power bit for the rigidity of the rockers.in high rpms the standard rocker pedestal will move with only one bolt and this system will clamp the whole top end together.what i have been told

I called Harland Sharp a couple years ago, price was $2.200.
They did not recommend them for driving on the street with
our diesels.

The previous stuff HS made was for VP and 12 valve only, i have the first and only build rights on the 5.9 and 6.7 Stuff, the material and design is much better/lighter/stronger than what was previously offered. because it's a neddle bearing style tip and fulcum , they need less oil to live, and there much tougher, so street driving would be no issue, accually i have one set that has about 15k on them and they are still showing zero wear...

5.9 kits come with 4340 Cro moly spacers 4340 Cro-moly bridges, 12.9 bolts, Rockers, fulcrum shafts, and a valve cover.

6.7 are made as a direct bolt on, but same rockers as 5.9

5.9 vp are also direct bolt on.

Hope this helps.

The previous stuff HS made was for VP and 12 valve only, i have the first and only build rights on the 5.9 and 6.7 Stuff, the material and design is much better/lighter/stronger than what was previously offered. because it's a neddle bearing style tip and fulcum , they need less oil to live, and there much tougher, so street driving would be no issue, accually i have one set that has about 15k on them and they are still showing zero wear...

5.9 kits come with 4340 Cro moly spacers 4340 Cro-moly bridges, 12.9 bolts, Rockers, fulcrum shafts, and a valve cover.

6.7 are made as a direct bolt on, but same rockers as 5.9

5.9 vp are also direct bolt on.

Hope this helps.

Wade.
Send me a recommend for my 6.7.

RonA

I am using Haisleys. It was about $1k. I did not do before and after dynos as this was not an expected change. It occurred when pulling the head and finding the stockers galled up. Anyway, it does change the ratio slightly and the sotp was quite noticeable. Throttle was "snappier", slight improvement on spool.

Basically on what I have, you are not getting a all new rocker like the OP's link, but just replacing the bushing with roller bearings using the stock arms.

your talking about the offset fulcrum stock rockers..........yea i remember talking to van about that a few years ago. they give about 25 thou more lift and some duration. good for about 20 hp or so.

only problem is that there not rebuildable and you can only go but a tiny bit bigger on lift and durationover stock. otherwise nice if you dont have money

It pains me to say this but, I believe Houge had a pic of a very nice comp setup for a 24V, same as what PDP has. It caught me with the bridges being rigid as to force both valves to be equally depressed.

It pains me to say this but, I believe Houge had a pic of a very nice comp setup for a 24V, same as what PDP has. It caught me with the bridges being rigid as to force both valves to be equally depressed.

Its true, Houge has a very nice set up. I wanted to run them, but didn't have the extra $. But from those pictures they're far different than what PDP has.

Back