Truckers, lets see your rigs!

With the new points rating system he will be after that guy until he gets his **** together and his trucks start passing.

Dot number regs have changed, guy around here that have been running for years without a number have been getting pulled over left and right recently for that purpose.

They are looking for little things just to get these older vehicles off the road, don't know if you know or not but I believe it is now mandatory all trucks regardless of age have to have auto slacks on them, something I am not looking forward to.

They are looking for little things just to get these older vehicles off the road, don't know if you know or not but I believe it is now mandatory all trucks regardless of age have to have auto slacks on them, something I am not looking forward to.

If that's true, I'll eat the tickets. I phuckin hate those things.

DOT cops don't know the rules 90% of the time and a lot of them make schit up as they go. READ THE FMCSA RULE BOOK!!!! that way you can call their bluff if they try and screw you over, I can speak first hand on the matter.

With the points system you need to know the damn book better than they do to make sure you don't get bent the F over.

With the points system you need to know the damn book better than they do to make sure you don't get bent the F over.

Yep, and most don't understand that points go towards the driver too, not just the owner of the truck. Every equipment violation shows up just like it does for the carrier.

Yep, and most don't understand that points go towards the driver too, not just the owner of the truck. Every equipment violation shows up just like it does for the carrier.

Yes it does, unless its a citation issued by a park ranger in a national park. None of those show up on anyone's record no matter what the citation is.

So I might be getting a new truck.....
u2enyrug.jpg

hu8yvunu.jpg

2006 W9L, MXS@ 625HP, pdi single turbo kit, converted to 6NZ electronics, IVA's gone, 763,000 miles.

YOU might be getting it or the boss might be? I know you've been talkin about getting your own here and there. If you do get it, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD get rid of those horrible end pieces on the stacks. That I can't make up my mind if I wanna be 5's or 7's chit drives me nuts. They could at least hide the neckdown or something!!! Good looking truck overall though!

So I might be getting a new truck.....
u2enyrug.jpg

hu8yvunu.jpg

2006 W9L, MXS@ 625HP, pdi single turbo kit, converted to 6NZ electronics, IVA's gone, 763,000 miles.

What a waste, they took away the drive ability and egt contol by converting it to a single turbo. SMH

Yeah my boss really likes the truck so he's thinking about buying that one to run while my silver one is in the shop getting rebuilt, repainted, and reborn lol

You just don't understand how forgiving those turbos are. I have a friend that has a converted MBN, it dynos at around 850 to the ground and he has trouble getting away from an acert with a stage 1 tune because he has to baby sit temps, where as the acert can run all out as long as needed and never worry about temps.

You would be hunting for the proper turbo on a C16 with a stage 1 tune.

jfaulkner, how many Iva issues have you had recently?

I see your point with that, my old heavy haul truck had a had any trouble, even on logging roads with a D8 on deck it would only get hot on days where it was over 80ish degrees, I agree that the twins will keep things way cooler than a single will though.

ebymy2yz.jpg

Not sure if I've ever posted a pic, but this is a job I miss a lot. I had to walk across the interstate for this pic. Lol

What do you want to know? Lol

How do you figure that? I myself would have left the compounds on and deleted the IVA's but its basically got a 7CZ file in it and those were a single turbo.....

I wanted to know if you were buying or if boss man was. That's all...

Back