Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Or those haha. I think the only thing a 350 could stand a chance against is a 220 iron lung or a 318 Detroit, and I think a 318 might make a 350 work for a win! Haha

I don't know, I've driven a few 318's and I think a good running small block chevy would run with them. They were wore out farm trucks so maybe a fresh one would be a bit better lol. One of them had an Allison, we were axle weighing bean maxis, after I'd weigh the last axle of the pup I'd floorboard that poor thing to get up a little rise from our scale. It'd usually roll over the top at around 500 rpm in first.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haha! Either way, that's a no bueno combo for me. I have a hard enough time accepting a 400 cummins.

What's 400hp? I gotta say I've lead a very spoiled life hp vs lb in my big trucks. I went from a 435hp N14 grossing 45k most of the time to whateverthehellthisfreaking C15 is putting out grossing 85k most of the time and there honestly is not much difference. I can set the cruise and just let 'er eat.

I've always driven trucks with more than 500hp, 525 N-14, 625 c-15, 565ISX, 550 ACERT with a tune, and my current 550 3406E, so I guess I've been pretty spoiled too. I'm trying to talk my boss into adding some marine components to this E model when she gets a makeover and an overhaul this summer.

I disagree, a 350 Cummins couldn't hold a candle to a 3408 or a 12V92

12v92s never existed in a truck, a PC 3408 wouldn't make much over 500hp at the wheels, wouldn't be hard to build a big cam to match or exceed that power and live. The more modern 3408s that were sold over seas would be a different story.

12v92s never existed in a truck, a PC 3408 wouldn't make much over 500hp at the wheels, wouldn't be hard to build a big cam to match or exceed that power and live. The more modern 3408s that were sold over seas would be a different story.

And the 12v71s they did use were NA smokers...

You're right, my mistake on that one

Here is the truck from when i was doing logging, dumping the wood chips out.

2010-11-24162625-1.jpg

These pictures always blow my mind. Can you imagine when this idea was first pitched? Group of guys sitting around a table trying to find the best way to dump the load and some nut job" Just lift the entire truck up"

These pictures always blow my mind. Can you imagine when this idea was first pitched? Group of guys sitting around a table trying to find the best way to dump the load and some nut job" Just lift the entire truck up"

How they hold the truck on the tilted frame?

My "gods gift to truck engines" ACCERT just netted me about 3.5-4 mpg and let me get walked on by every other truck hauling grain. I'm getting real tired of this crap lol. Need to get on the stick and get either my 93 with the B model back on the road or get started on the 74 with a big cam. Don't understand why a truck should need 3 grand worth of tuning to keep up with late 80's trucks with 350 horse engines.

Back