oliver 1850

Yep 12 port head I knew there was something different but couldnt remember what. I think they are supposed to be the same as the 354 just with a bigger bore. I looked at a 1100 massey a friend had and he was telling me some of this stuff but not being a massey person I didnt listen to much :lolly:

Most old style drives are wore out, and cause timing slop which makes the engine flutter at wide open no load conditions.
If you don't have a flutter you either have a old style drive in good condition, or new style.

You could also take the 3 nuts off holding the pump down and lift the pump up enough to peek in there and see what style you have. You won't screw up timing, both drive's have a blind spline that you can't screw up.

The tractor in my avatar belongs to a buddy of mine, 2150 component alcohol tractor. Hercules, (sort of) billet block and head, the only thing herc anymore is the crank, cam gear, and rear seal retainer.

This one is mine.
1655.jpg

That's a nice tractor 9724VF350, hopefully we will get more progress on our soon. :Cheer:

I just love that tractor Brad! You need a set of aluminum wheels. That'd be just sweet! :D

I wouldn't be against that, but they would get painted white. Too much fancy stuff and people start asking questions. The injection pump hanging out the side is horrible about that. People ask about that "huge" pump.

1650-1850 4x4

does anyone know where there is a 16-1855 mfwd? prefer bad motor my dad used to own a oliver/white dealership in western iowa and i want a front assist for my small farm to put a 5.9 in and use it. i know how to work on them so that is what i want. 515-202-8090

Not sure what you are doing for mounts, but we make up these handy little kits to save some time and fustration
Mounts.jpg
Hey Brad, had to put our project off for awhile with other things going on, but should be getting back to it shortly. Wondering what your mount kits cost you've shown above?

Also we were thinking about running a tranny delete. We tracked one down and not sure what model it actually came out of, but it wasn't perfectly round to bolt up to the SAE pattern. Do by chance know what, if any, models that had a tranny delete would?

1850 Pumps

While we're on the topic of power for 1850 Olivers, does anybody know if you can put a bosch, stanadyne or other pump on a 354 perkins or can you get alot of fuel out of the cav pump? Looking for a winter project and making a 1850 puller is intriguing. I don't want to do a cummins.

Will a 8.3 cummins fit into a 1850 ?? and what white model is the 1850s twin ? white 120 ??

Did a bunch of measuring on that one day, a sae#3 flywheel housing would need to be found for a 8.3. Didn't really look into it any further than that.

There is no very direct lineup between a 1850 and a white. The closest is a 2-105.

While we're on the topic of power for 1850 Olivers, does anybody know if you can put a bosch, stanadyne or other pump on a 354 perkins or can you get alot of fuel out of the cav pump? Looking for a winter project and making a 1850 puller is intriguing. I don't want to do a cummins.

I've put both DM and DB stanadyne's on 354's. I'd like to see if a VE could be made to run counterclockwise, that would be a better pump to use.

Back