I got a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might need to look a little deeper into the Compass and it's true accuracy. The BEST compass available today has an accuracy of about half a degree. With 1/4* resolution. That is a Tri-axis GPS based device that runs about $150k. The lodestone compass believed to be the first compass ever made (The Olmec artifact) has an inherent accuracy of around +-5*. Which was dated about 1000-1200 years AFTER the construction of the Pyramids. There is no evidence of any magnetic ore or indications of compasses in any hieroglyphics so it is highly unlikely the Egyptians had acess to any such device. And since you need Sleddy to come to your rescue ask him if it's even possible to level a 13 acre plot to within a half inch even with today's best Trimble GPS units. This is not even touching the subject that the Great Pyramid is precisely centered on the Earth's land mass. They may have been constructed by slaves (highly unlikely) but 1 thing is certain the masters were not from this world.

And as to the South and their (your) abilities. You idiots could not even evacuate a small city with 48 hours notice of an impending hurricane. I am pretty sure I saw some of your Civil engineers looting liquor stores and Best Buy's on the news. And didn't the geniuses tell people to go into their attics, assuring them a certain death even though they knew the median level of Lake Pontchartrain averaged 5-15' above most housing in the city. And what is the labor count now 75-80% out of state contractors trying to rebuild that sediment pond y'all call a city. I mean really what kind of retards would build a city below sea level to begin with.

LOL :bang

Allright now simma down sinna, that might rhime ifen you say it right. i use a Sunto campass and i dont wear glasses because that can throw it off, you are correct, it will read to a 1/2 degree, but you can guestimate to a 1/4 but those surveyors have the ability to do something with the sun they can pop that north line great, they dont need a compass man.I cant remember how they do it but they use the sun.

Now get back to me on "This is not even touching the subject that the Great Pyramid is precisely centered on the Earth's land mass" WTF does this mean? this one has got my brain scrambled up like scrambled eggs.

WTF does that mean?

yes, i am being honest man, i fully understand how people wont take me that way. The fable of the boy who cried wolf comes to mind. I am talking straight from my soul, if i had a soul, I dont think i got a soul but if i did, i would be talking from it.

I am not going to walk into a forum called Diesels for Christ and BS, i might as well start messing with the United Daughters of The Confederacy.

A man has God and he is unshakable in his conviction. I envy people that have it. I envy them! I wish i had it, i want it!

Maybe i need to go back to Cave Diving. God has talked to me in a Cave, i've actually heard his Voice in my head. I heard him talk to me in complete sentences, but i was scared. i thought this is just my mind playing tricks on me. there aint no God i thought, what is this voice in my head?

I dove little river one night solo at midnight, back then you could dive it at midnight i dont think you can today. the Suwanee river was fixin to Siphon little river, its a hydrological event that happens. Springs will siphon when the river gets high enough, River has tannic acid in it from rotted leaves and such, river is murky, the springs are crystal clear when they are pumping.

I got dual 104's on my back, i got a steel 72 across my chest, i drop my O2 deco bottle at the entrance and tie off my primary reel in open water. Well it is Murky the river and the spring are in a battle. i see fingers of clear water water coming from the cave but the river is about to overload it and siphon which will blow the whole cave out it will be near zero vis. I head in with my reel and find the permanent line but it is still murky. i get close to Table rock and i bust through a wall of tannic water into crystal clear cave. I spin around and look at it and it was of the coolest things i have ever seen.

It was a battle between the cave and the river there was this solid wall of tannic water fighting the cave water, it was awesome looking. I continue in the Cave and hit the F lorida room which is a big cool room, i am ZEN, well my primary light fails and I am in total BLACKNESS. Look they got crawfish in caves that dont have eyeballs, dont need them, its worthless in the Blackness they are white, albinos, dont need eyeballs or pigments, you can shine your light on them and see their internal organs.

Well I have good bouyancy skills, I am full Cave certified but while firing up my backup light I hit the bottom of the cave and silt it out. when i get my secondary fired up i cant see nothing i am in mud, I cant put my hand in front of my mask and see it. I know what to do i swim till I hit the cave wall and tie off and search for the permanent line, i close my eyes, You dont need eyes in a silt out its better to close them as it keeps you more relaxed like you are doing a drill.

Well god starts talking to me with my eyes closed. He starts telling me everything i did wrong in my life. i am negotiating with him as i search for the permanent line, rooting around like a blind crawfish. I am upside down and rooting around and finally i hit the line. there is very little flow in the cave so the silt will stay there. I get on the line and open my eyes i am still silted out i cant see nothing i close my eyes again but i go the wrong way, i dont know direction at this point. i just know i am on the Gold line. i hit a line marker that tells me i am going the wrong way.

I turn and leave the cave and kneel in the moon light, it was a full moon. i sit there doing my deco with pure oxygen and i tell God look i will follow you, thank you, well I need to honor that commitment.

Moral of the story is a Man can have philosophy, physics, psychology, and Math but when the Chit hits the fan he is still going to turn to GOD! EVEN IF HE DONT BELIEVE IN HIM.

This is some very powerful stuff, thank you for putting that out there.

Is it along the lines of understand where the next step should/is, seeing the step right in front of you, but just not being able to make it?

Ponder and myself seem to share a very similar outlook. Wishing we could fall in line yet having personal convictions to seek truth keeping us outside mainstream "belief".

I would like nothing more than for the stories in the bible to be completely true. However, since I'm not a small child anymore, I can't believe in Santa (with earnest) nor can I believe those bible stories.

Both were written by men, for the same reasons. As stories used to guide others toward good behavior, as defined by the culture having produced the stories.

The main point I tried to make before was however, what's the point in stirring it up John? For as long as man has been a communal species we've had this sort of thing in our society. Throughout the eons the names of the God(s) and what they did as well as what you're supposed to do as a good member of society have changed constantly. Everybody gets a new little "rule" book every few thousand years. Even for any given lifetime you have your pick of a multitude of books and theological choices available to you. And each conveniently states themselves to be the "truth" and all others something less. The simple location of your birth will immediately cut most of those choices down to a simple few, or in most cases, make the choice for you.

It's an endless cycle. It has it's pros and it's cons. The pros usually outweigh the cons so I say leave it be.

And if you think a man with as critical and logical a mind as you appear to have can be made to accept anything less in a worldly explanation, I'm afraid you're going to have to face a harsh reality there. Since you can't turn off your ability to think, you're on your own man. You can never interact with people at a church for instance, without internally silencing those very thoughts you had in the example you gave of the guy making a straw man argument out of the big bang, who was almost certainly lumping evolution in with it, whom you couldn't help but attempt to correct.

That's never going away. You'll either have to learn to silence your thoughts for the sole reason of respect for someone else's benefit, as I often do, or you will have to be forever removed from those people's lives. As there is no middle ground.

You might as well transport yourself back to the time of Galileo I mentioned before. Remember this:

Galileo's championing of Copernicanism was controversial within his lifetime, when a large majority of philosophers and astronomers still subscribed (at least outwardly) to the geocentric view that the Earth is at the centre of the universe. After 1610, when he began publicly supporting the heliocentric view, which placed the Sun at the centre of the universe, he met with bitter opposition from some philosophers and clerics, and two of the latter eventually denounced him to the Roman Inquisition early in 1615. In February 1616, although he had been cleared of any offence, the Catholic Church nevertheless condemned heliocentrism as "false and contrary to Scripture",[10] and Galileo was warned to abandon his support for it—which he promised to do. When he later defended his views in his most famous work, Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, published in 1632, he was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy," forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest.

Excerpt taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeleo

Why couldn't that guy just shut up.... fall in line and accept the fact that the earth was the center of the universe like scripture told us? Because it made no sense once we had the ability to actually check and see it was untrue.

This is just the way of the world. What you face now is NO different than what he faced then, or any of a zillion others throughout time. And not just in the tiny little bit of time that the bible has been in existence, but ALL of the time that humans have been communal. Before it was getting sacrificed to appease the "hunting God" or what have you. There have been a zillion reasons that people have met strife for stepping out of social line, and it's just a part of our world. Always will be.

Either go with the flow, or martyr yourself in an attempt to become a Galileo of the world and die alone and an outcast.

If I'm supposed to "council" you, my official remark would be.... let it slide. Let it roll off your shoulders and just take the world at face value. Don't get overly worked up trying to mold yourself into the world outlook of others. First of all, you can't fit inside that little mold, and secondly, which mold do you pick? There are only a billion of them, which is the right one?

None of them are. You are John..... and you are nobody else. You're John.

Be a good person. And I personally feel that if some omnipotent being has a problem with that, then I want no part of what they're selling anyway.

Last edited:
This is some very powerful stuff, thank you for putting that out there.

Is it along the lines of understand where the next step should/is, seeing the step right in front of you, but just not being able to make it?

I dont know man, i am not aging that well and a Man faces his mortality and he wonders things. I look fair to partly cloudy but I am not aging well, I got health problems.

I stand in the sun and think about it. Do you know why the USA and The European union spend Billions of dollars on Particle accelerators? Some people call them super colliders. You know why they do it?

Look at the SUN, its a Nuclear fusion reactor. Humans cant do that yet. thats what they are trying to do. Who made that? It welds hrdrogen into helium and continues till it hits Iron and then explodes. Who made that? is it just Physics, is it just the big bang or is there something out there that can make it?

As i age my mind gets more troubled by these questions.

How could i be a hypocrite and go to Church and Lie to everyone when I dont believe? How can i have salvation if i dont believe? is it enough that i believed when i was little and was baptised? How can i make my brain believe something it refuses to believe. These questions trouble me late in life.

I wish i could go to gods school and he would say look if you do this equation you will be saved and I WOULD DO IT! I cant so i walk the earth like a man in the wilderness like the Guys at Styx sung about on The Grand illusion.

I need to go buy that CD actually. it soothes me

Ponder and myself seem to share a very similar outlook. Wishing we could fall in line yet having personal convictions to seek truth keeping us outside mainstream "belief".

I would like nothing more than for the stories in the bible to be completely true. However, since I'm not a small child anymore, I can't believe in Santa (with earnest) nor can I believe those bible stories.

Both were written by men, for the same reasons. As stories used to guide others toward good behavior, as defined by the culture having produced the stories.

The main point I tried to make before was however, what's the point in stirring it up John? For as long as man has been a communal species we've had this sort of thing in our society. Throughout the eons the names of the God(s) and what they did as well as what you're supposed to do as a good member of society have changed constantly. Everybody gets a new little "rule" book every few thousand years. Even for any given lifetime you have your pick of a multitude of books and theological choices available to you. And each conveniently states themselves to be the "truth" and all others something less. The simple location of your birth will immediately cut most of those choices down to a simple few, or in most cases, make the choice for you.

It's an endless cycle. It has it's pros and it's cons. The pros usually outweigh the cons so I say leave it be.

And if you think a man with as critical and logical a mind as you appear to have can be made to accept anything less in a worldly explanation, I'm afraid you're going to have to face a harsh reality there. Since you can't turn off your ability to think, you're on your own man. You can never interact with people at a church for instance, without internally silencing those very thoughts you had in the example you gave of the guy making a straw man argument out of the big bang, who was almost certainly lumping evolution in with it, whom you couldn't help but attempt to correct.

That's never going away. You'll either have to learn to silence your thoughts for the sole reason of respect for someone else's benefit, as I often do, or you will have to be forever removed from those people's lives. As there is no middle ground.

You might as well transport yourself back to the time of Galileo I mentioned before. Remember this:

Excerpt taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeleo

Why couldn't that guy just shut up.... fall in line and accept the fact that the earth was the center of the universe like scripture told us? Because it made no sense once we had the ability to actually check and see it was untrue.

This is just the way of the world. What you face now is NO different than what he faced then, or any of a zillion others throughout time. And not just in the tiny little bit of time that the bible has been in existence, but ALL of the time that humans have been communal. Before it was getting sacrificed to appease the "hunting God" or what have you. There have been a zillion reasons that people have met strife for stepping out of social line, and it's just a part of our world. Always will be.

Either go with the flow, or martyr yourself in an attempt to become a Galileo of the world and die alone and an outcast.

If I'm supposed to "council" you, my official remark would be.... let it slide. Let it roll off your shoulders and just take the world at face value. Don't get overly worked up trying to mold yourself into the world outlook of others. First of all, you can't fit inside that little mold, and secondly, which mold do you pick? There are only a billion of them, which is the right one?

None of them are. You are John..... and you are nobody else. You're John.

Be a good person. And I personally feel that if some omnipotent being has a problem with that, then I want no part of what they're selling anyway.

I hear you man, I guess that is the long version of STFU. i guess i will. Why would a Omniscient god want to burn me though just cause i didnt believe in him? Why wouldnt he just let me lay in the ground and rot?

Why would he want to put me in a Lake of Fire? i just cant get it man.

You are still my councilor though and must PM me once a week. I said i will pay you how much will this cost me?

I will now follow Charles direction and STFU!

I will sleep for 3 days like in the Great Sleep Robert Warren Penn wrote about in all the Kings Men

I dont know man, i am not aging that well and a Man faces his mortality and he wonders things. I look fair to partly cloudy but I am not aging well, I got health problems.

Now I'm just asking, or suggesting really.... but what if you just live your life, for however long, and then die. Is that such an unthinkable thing? That you might die, and once the oxygen deprivation to your brain reaches a certain point "you" no longer exist? Because all "you" are is the combinations of synapses and masses in your brain that form the only "you" we know?

I could honestly live with that. And even though the thought of something after the point where my brain ceases to function would be interesting, I don't think I'm going to fall into a deep depression if I knew for a fact that my time spent alive in this body was all the time I got. It just seems natural to me. Seems we should make the most of the time we have. Do the most good. Help the most we can. Leave the world as best we can to the best of our ability in the time we manage.

I stand in the sun and think about it. Do you know why the USA and The European union spend Billions of dollars on Particle accelerators? Some people call them super colliders. You know why they do it?

Look at the SUN, its a Nuclear fusion reactor. Humans cant do that yet. thats what they are trying to do. Who made that? It welds hrdrogen into helium and continues till it hits Iron and then explodes. Who made that? is it just Physics, is it just the big bang or is there something out there that can make it?

As i age my mind gets more troubled by these questions.

Read the book "Habitable Planet". I can't recall the author at the moment, but it was a book I had to read in an Earth and Atmospheric Science class once upon a time and it lays out the most widely accepted and scientifically correct descriptions of how the sun formed, why and when. How the elements formed, the order, and all. How heavier and heavier elements are formed as the force of gravity grows and grows with the increased mass of the forming star as matter is continually pulled in.

Read it. It will walk you right through the periodic table, formation of the solar system, the universe, the earth, the timeline and everything. And it's all verified to the best of human ability through the use of telescopes, radiometric dating and so forth.

It's not a mystery in my mind, nor in the minds of many.

How could i be a hypocrite and go to Church and Lie to everyone when I dont believe? How can i have salvation if i dont believe? is it enough that i believed when i was little and was baptised? How can i make my brain believe something it refuses to believe. These questions trouble me late in life.

You can't make your brain "unthink" what you know to be true. Or more importantly, what you know to be false. I touched on this in my last. You have to shut your mouth, take part in the ritual, and respect their wishes. If you want to take part for social reasons.

You can never take part for any other reasons shy of giving yourself a frontal lobotomy. Just the reality there man.

I wish i could go to gods school and he would say look if you do this equation you will be saved and I WOULD DO IT! I cant so i walk the earth like a man in the wilderness like the Guys at Styx sung about on The Grand illusion.

I need to go buy that CD actually. it soothes me

I get the resounding feeling that if you talked to God, you would quickly find that the things that don't make any sense to you are just mistakes made by men and not actually his Word.

Now I'm just asking, or suggesting really.... but what if you just live your life, for however long, and then die. Is that such an unthinkable thing? That you might die, and once the oxygen deprivation to your brain reaches a certain point "you" no longer exist? Because all "you" are is the combinations of synapses and masses in your brain that form the only "you" we know?

Oh no i have thought that way since I was a kid. Charles when i was a kid, and went through Puberty I got knots underneath my nipples, it freaked me out, It actually only happens to maybe 10% of males. i thought I had Breast cancer and i told NO ONE. I thought I am going to Die but I do not want to be on TV as the first male with breast cancer. i will go into the woods and cover myself with leaves when it is time. i told NO ONE, i was fully prepared back then to pass the earth. i told noone the thoughts in my head. i thought if i tell them they are going to beat me or put me in a Hospital.

if i feared death i wouldnt have been banging Cave dives solo.

Read the book "Habitable Planet". I can't recall the author at the moment, but it was a book I had to read in an Earth and Atmospheric Science class once upon a time and it lays out the most widely accepted and scientifically correct descriptions of how the sun formed, why and when. How the elements formed, the order, and all. How heavier and heavier elements are formed as the force of gravity grows and grows with the increased mass of the forming star as matter is continually pulled in.

Read it. It will walk you right through the periodic table, formation of the solar system, the universe, the earth, the timeline and everything. And it's all verified to the best of human ability through the use of telescopes, radiometric dating and so forth.

It's not a mystery in my mind, nor in the minds of many.

Now Charles look I know you are my Councilor but that is for Philosophy and Psychology. You dont want nothing to do with me when it comes to the Periodic table. I fully understand how stars are formed and the Physics behind them. i am product of the LSU chemistry and Physics depts. Do you know there are super heavy elements that we still cant make on earth but they have got spectral data on from space?

there is a level of instability that happens when you start making supers heavy elements, they decompose and Man can only make so many of them Like Einsteinium and they decompose so fast we cant slam another proton into them before they degenerate. i know all about the periodic table and even elements that aint on it. Because they cant make them on earth....YET!

I will follow your counseling and STFU. I need help in Psycholgy and Philosophy but you dont want nothing to do with me on that Periodic table :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Oh no i have thought that way since I was a kid. Charles when i was a kid, and went through Puberty I got knots underneath my nipples, it freaked me out, It actually only happens to maybe 10% of males. i thought I had Breast cancer and i told NO ONE. I thought I am going to Die but I do not want to be on TV as the first male with breast cancer. i will go into the woods and cover myself with leaves when it is time. i told NO ONE, i was fully prepared back then to pass the earth. i told noone the thoughts in my head. i thought if i tell them they are going to beat me or put me in a Hospital.

if i feared death i wouldnt have been banging Cave dives solo.

Now Charles look I know you are my Councilor but that is for Philosophy and Psychology. You dont want nothing to do with me when it comes to the Periodic table. I fully understand how stars are formed and the Physics behind them. i am product of the LSU chemistry and Physics depts. Do you know there are super heavy elements that we still cant make on earth but they have got spectral data on from space?

there is a level of instability that happens when you start making supers heavy elements, they decompose and Man can only make so many of them Like Einsteinium and they decompose so fast we cant slam another proton into them before they degenerate. i know all about the periodic table and even elements that aint on it. Because they cant make them on earth....YET!

I will follow your counseling and STFU. I need help in Psycholgy and Philosophy but you dont want nothing to do with me on that Periodic table :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Hey.... you were the one that asked where the sun came from... not me.

If you knew, then why ask?

You mentioned something about getting to Fe and then exploding. Not true. All the elements come from that fusion reactor. Even the really, really heavy and radioactive ones we can't be near without turning out faces into meat helmets collecting too much radiant flux.

:hehe:

Hey.... you were the one that asked where the sun came from... not me.

If you knew, then why ask?

You mentioned something about getting to Fe and then exploding. Not true. All the elements come from that fusion reactor. Even the really, really heavy and radioactive ones we can't be near without turning out faces into meat helmets collecting too much radiant flux.

:hehe:

Well i know where Science says it comes from but you throw god in the mix and all bets are off, that is what i was trying to say, albeit in artfully.

I dont believe that is correct Charles, i think the sun stops at Fe. i will have to check that though, My recollection is the Sun stops at Fe. i will have to go check on that and get back to you, i havent thought about it really i think the heavy elements were created in the singularity, the bang. that is my recollection. Hold my beer and i will let you know when i get back

Well i know where Science says it comes from but you throw god in the mix and all bets are off, that is what i was trying to say, albeit in artfully.

I dont believe that is correct Charles, i think the sun stops at Fe. i will have to check that though, My recollection is the Sun stops at Fe. i will have to go check on that and get back to you, i havent thought about it really i think the heavy elements were created in the singularity, the bang. that is my recollection. Hold my beer and i will let you know when i get back

I may have recollected wrong. But I believe all the way from hydrogen to the heaviest form step by step in the big fusion reactor in the sky.

It's a test JP. A test. Everyone gets tested. Everyday. It is perfectly normal to question the existence of God while contemplating your own mortality. I'm sad to hear of any heath issues you might be dealing with.
It is perfectly acceptable for a logical being to question. The thing that logical people have trouble with. Is that the only way to truly learn the fact, is to stop living.
I'm with Charles. Do good and live every second. Only the rocks live forever.... or do they?
Thanks for making me think today John Ponder.

Last edited:
I went and looked it up.

The title is actually:

How to Build a Habitable Planet
by Wallace S. Broecker

Read that..... and wonder no more. Or Ponder no more as the case may be.

:D

On Edit:

I will say this..... you have sparked my curiosity to know whether I have recalled correctly or not to the point where I'm going to have to go dig up my old book and read it again. I'm actually astonished that I can't remember the key points you're searching for right now with enough clarity to explain it with confidence I'm not messing it up.

I will read and relay if I can find my old book.

LOL

Last edited:
It's a test JP. A test. Everyone gets tested. Everyday. It is perfectly normal to question the existence of God while contemplating your own mortality. I'm sad to hear of any heath issues you might be dealing with.
It is perfectly acceptable for a logical being to question. The thing that logical people have trouble with. Is that the only way to truly learn the fact, is to stop living.
I'm with Charles. Do good and live every second. Only the rocks live forever.... or do they?
Thanks for making me think today John Ponder.

I think rocks get old, here is my last email to the head of LSU Chemistry dept

To: "Andrew W Maverick" <ma************u>
Subject: Question

Dr Maverick,
Let me preface this question by stating that I know you are a busy man; I fully understand if you don't have the time to answer or you may want to answer one day when you are bored, if you ever get bored that it.There was a question I wanted to ask you, when I was in your class, but I was scared you might think I was crazy. I thought of this question in PChem and since I have looked at your class teaching schedules, I assume now, you primarily deal with grad students. if you like it you might ask one of them.

Proposition: All Thing in the universe get old. I have gotten old; trees get old, of course they are living thing but even non living things get old. Mountain ranges get old. Appalachians are much older than the Rocky's and are smoother and have changed. Earth gets old; it cools and is a very different place than it was 1million years ago. Stars get old, they weld H2 into He and so forth till they hit Fe and explode. Now if you accept the proposition, that all things in the Universe get old, as true then my question to you is.

Does a H2 atom get old? A H2 atom lives in a violent world, incredible velocity, it spends all day every day just ramming into other atoms. lets say you and I were shrunk down to an atto meter and we had a force field, you'd need a force field where we wouldn't get hit plus I watched a lot of Star Trek as a kid and I like force fields. Well lets say we were watching a gas cloud of H2. Would we see an old H2 molecule come by all beat up like a car in a wreck, quarks rattling looking like hell? if not WHY? My initial thought was NO, Molecules don't get old because they are protected by the electron field and don't actually ram into each other yet there are ions of hydrogen that have lost their electrons, certainly at some point two of those are going to be screaming towards each other and ram. if a H2 is a product of the big bang, and be billions of years old, then it has had to have done that millions of times. So if you are bored one day feel free to answer my question, " Do Molecules get old?"

Thanks for your help I am in Louisiana now and plan to come to LSU next week and meet Martha and see what my options are

Thanks
John Ponder

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

i think that guy may be skeered of me now, i need to follow Charles advice and just STFU! i just cant turn this dam brain off man, I got way more questions than I got answers

And it may be so. Where does uranium form then?

Read my edit above. As you can see, I've got some refreshing to do.

:D

i think they can be formed in Super Novas, of course alot of it was formed in the singularity. everything will return to the singularity, some people call it the big Bang i call it the singularity

we will all be compressed back into that
Wikimedia Error

Let me start out by saying to Mr. Ponder and Charles that you all have great insight and share many of the same questions that I do. I graduated from a christian high school that I attended from 6-12 grade.

This school did many things for me, but I hardly ever questioned all the things, biblically speaking, that I was taught. In that school, the bible wasnt something that was open to interpretation, therefore i never did.

Now that I am in college and in the so called "real world", i have begun to question my morals and ethics. Not necessarily my morals, but the reasons behind why I dont do drugs, dont go out and have sex, dont do alot of things. It was always made to seem in grade school that you were the better person and this is what God wanted from you. Then again, I never questioned that, because I never questioned the existence of God.

I will begin to think back to all the wonderful Bible classes and some of the things that they taught me. I was never one to partake so I cant say i never payed particularly close attention. The main argument I have for the existence of God, and not necessarily the Christian God, but a God of sorts, is how in the world did we get here

Did we get here by some amazing explosion, and if so, then where did all that stuff come from to explode. I was always told that our finite human minds are incapable to even begin to understand the infinite possibilities of God. That makes no sense. I understand the whole concept of God and the 2 completely different sides of him. In the old testament, he was a real prick, always killing and doing things such as that. In the new testament, the one we are all taught today, he is a great man, a loving man.

Many wonder why we question. Most will say just have faith. Thats the biggest load of B.S. i have ever heard. People have faith because of what. Because someone told them to believe in something? NO WAY! If God wanted us to robots, then he would have made us like that. He gave us the power to think. The power to question him and what he does. Does this make a bad for questioning him. NO! Its our God given right to question him. Free will makes sure of that

I apologize for getting long winded, and quite honestly dont know exactly where im going with this. It is nice to see that I am not the only one to question. I hope you can make some sense out of what I have written because i have so much to say, but have no idea how to say it. If you guys can offer up some other incite please let me know. I am only 20, so I have had far less time to contemplate this same situtation.

Let me start out by saying to Mr. Ponder and Charles that you all have great insight and share many of the same questions that I do. I graduated from a christian high school that I attended from 6-12 grade.

This school did many things for me, but I hardly ever questioned all the things, biblically speaking, that I was taught. In that school, the bible wasnt something that was open to interpretation, therefore i never did.

Now that I am in college and in the so called "real world", i have begun to question my morals and ethics. Not necessarily my morals, but the reasons behind why I dont do drugs, dont go out and have sex, dont do alot of things. It was always made to seem in grade school that you were the better person and this is what God wanted from you. Then again, I never questioned that, because I never questioned the existence of God.

I will begin to think back to all the wonderful Bible classes and some of the things that they taught me. I was never one to partake so I cant say i never payed particularly close attention. The main argument I have for the existence of God, and not necessarily the Christian God, but a God of sorts, is how in the world did we get here

Did we get here by some amazing explosion, and if so, then where did all that stuff come from to explode. I was always told that our finite human minds are incapable to even begin to understand the infinite possibilities of God. That makes no sense. I understand the whole concept of God and the 2 completely different sides of him. In the old testament, he was a real prick, always killing and doing things such as that. In the new testament, the one we are all taught today, he is a great man, a loving man.

Many wonder why we question. Most will say just have faith. Thats the biggest load of B.S. i have ever heard. People have faith because of what. Because someone told them to believe in something? NO WAY! If God wanted us to robots, then he would have made us like that. He gave us the power to think. The power to question him and what he does. Does this make a bad for questioning him. NO! Its our God given right to question him. Free will makes sure of that

I apologize for getting long winded, and quite honestly dont know exactly where im going with this. It is nice to see that I am not the only one to question. I hope you can make some sense out of what I have written because i have so much to say, but have no idea how to say it. If you guys can offer up some other incite please let me know. I am only 20, so I have had far less time to contemplate this same situtation.

Okay well why am I MR. Ponder but he is Charles? Listen to me, i will bump this guy at the line and he will never catch a Pass on me. i dont care if he played College football at Ga tech, i aint dead yet. i still got some bullets in the gun son. he aint going to run an out pattern on me i will pick that ball off. Mel Blount was my Idol when i played high School ball.

Sleddie can tell you who Mel Blount was. So far as Sex and drugs......I think you ought to try em a little bit, I mean dont get all off into it but try it. i did LSD 2 times at LSU and i am not ashamed of it. i watched a couch breathe, i am glad i got that experience in my life.

You sound like a pretty good kid, dont question God. if your mind accepts it then accept it, otherwise you will end up like Me and Mr. Charles. Do not follow our lead, accept it and live happy, do not screw your brain up by questioning things. A man aint supposed to understand everything look at me, i am crazy as a 4 dollar bill from all this. Accept God and move on.

I am your councilor now, You must

1) have sex at least three times but wear protection
2) Do LSD at least one time
3) Do not question god, you are playing with fire if you do that

I am your councilor now, You must

1) have sex at least three times but wear protection
2) Do LSD at least one time
3) Do not question god, you are playing with fire if you do that

Well Mr. Ponder,

As far as Number is 1 is concerned, thats a good deal. I currently go to school full time and work full time for my family doing construction. To say the least I average about 4 hours of sleep a night during the week, which makes it hard to have time to work on the pickup or contemplate matters such as this. Men have thought long and hard for lifetimes asking the same questions we are asking, to no avail.

Do not worry Mr. Ponder, as I am merely simply questioning God and his thinking, but it will all work out.

P.S. You are as crazy as a 4 dollar bill!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back