I got a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinosaurs were in the bible. Look at the many instances where there were mentions of the great beast etc.

It was a joke...

But on a more serious note, isn't LSD renowned for causing "trips" and "flashbacks" years and years after the last use? It's a permanent mind job.

I think that is for people that did alot of it, repeatedly. There was this guy that used to hang around this bar that always wore a T-shirt with the LSD molecule on it. I only did it twice 25 years ago.

I will now tell an LSD story.

When i was in high School. Me and these guys that I played football with were drinking beer hanging out. My dad was real cheap and he bought this cheap Spaghetti in a can called Showboat. It wasnt chef Boy ardee to be sure it tasted like cardboard, but we didnt care we were drinking and we needed something to eat at the end of the night. Well this can had instructions on it that said

INSTRUCTIONS:
HEAT. EAT.

I used to tell my buddies look once Showboat made a shipment to india and they left off eat and there was mass starvation, the people would heat it and then didnt know what to do. We would laugh our asses of about this showboat spagetti

okay years later i am at LSU and i am going through a Divorce and i just dont care about anything, well i hung out at the Bayou this wild kinda bar. i was friends with one of the bartenders and we would play pinball and hang out. Well one day he says look man, such and such has this LSD and it is off the charts, i am fixing to do it, you want to try it, i say okay WTH i have heard about it. i have heard it will mess your chromosones up but i already have two kids screw it i will try it. Well we do it and it is unbelievable.

It looked like you took a camera and took pictures from slightly different aspect ratios and then played the pictures real slow like 20 frames per second, it made trails when you turned your head. anyway bar is closing he says man lets make spaghetti, so we are eating spaghetti and i tell him the story of the Showboat Spaghetti instructions and of course we almost suffocate, we got spaghetti coming out our noses, You dont tell that story when you got a full mouth of Spaghetti.

Well i moved to Georgia after that, flash forward 20 years, i go back to Baton Rouge, i go into the bayou and THIS GUY IS STILL THERE HE AINT MOVED HE IS STIIL ON THE SAME barstool. i sit down and get a beer and i can see him staring at me, its been 20 years and i have gained weight and he is looking at me sctraching his head. Finally he stands up and walks up to me and starts shaking his finger at me

HE SAYS, " HEAT. EAT." I jump off my stool and say EXACTLY MAN!

You cant make that kind of Chit up.

It is my theory that you don't "come down" from the effects of LSD
( hallucinogens), you just get used to it. :hehe:

Many primal religions use it to reach what they believe is a higher conscience.

They didnt have LSD but they had things that could mimick it like Peyote. In fact one theory about all the witch burnings in salem was that a fungus clled ergot formed on the wheat and it was like LSD, people were tripping their asses off thinking witches were after them. They could have hallucinated things and then put it on an innocent person.

those guys would have burnt me in a heart beat.

One other thought Snedge, how did people figure out what would get you high and what wouldnt? Somebody had to do it first and then tell his buddy look this stuff will get you high.

That first person had to smoke all kinds of chit, he was smoking buffaloe chit, he was smoking pine straw, he had to go through everything till he found what worked!

I'd to have liked to met that guy at bash on the Bayou

They didnt have LSD but they had things that could mimick it like Peyote. In fact one theory about all the witch burnings in salem was that a fungus clled ergot formed on the wheat and it was like LSD, people were tripping their asses off thinking witches were after them. They could have hallucinated things and then put it on an innocent person.

those guys would have burnt me in a heart beat.

One other thought Snedge, how did people figure out what would get you high and what wouldnt? Somebody had to do it first and then tell his buddy look this stuff will get you high.

That first person had to smoke all kinds of chit, he was smoking buffaloe chit, he was smoking pine straw, he had to go through everything till he found what worked!

I'd to have liked to met that guy at bash on the Bayou

Odd, I think like that to.

I also wonder who decided what we could eat and what we couldn't. Did the first men actually just start eating stuff and spitting it out if it was nasty.
How about cooking? Who started cooking and mixing stuff together? What started out as a leg chopped off of a woolly mammoth, and most likely eaten very rare, has become steak and potatoes with a side of veggies.
I'm sure I could Google the "history of cooking and learn", but then I would have to wonder about something else.

Odd, I think like that to.

I also wonder who decided what we could eat and what we couldn't. Did the first men actually just start eating stuff and spitting it out if it was nasty.
How about cooking? Who started cooking and mixing stuff together? What started out as a leg chopped off of a woolly mammoth, and most likely eaten very rare, has become steak and potatoes with a side of veggies.
I'm sure I could Google the "history of cooking and learn", but then I would have to wonder about something else.

Right how do you know what is poisonous and whats not? I know what i would have done, if i found a bunch of berries, i would have drug up one of my step brothers and made him eat them. Then i would watch him to see if he died and if he didnt i would eat them. But that is just the 50,000BC version of Jponder.

If you were a great warlord and had slaves you could have one set of slaves eating everything and seeing how it tasted and if they died then have another group of slaves smoking everything in sight to figure out if it got them high

You guys have a got serious thread derail here! We went from arguing about the existence of God to the trippy effects of LSD!!!! Hell ya!

yeah, this thing has took a compD left turn sorry about that.

But it is kinda similiar and if you try hard enough you can kinda connect the stuff.

Man belives in god because he wonders about his mortality, which is where diving comes in, we are mammals, our instinct is to freak out when we are underwater.

Indians and other races did do drugs to find their gods, they thought it enlightened them. So my story is kinda sorta connected to that in a remote way. i wasnt really looking for god when i did that

So how does a couch breathe? This is really bugging me and i dont wanna have to do LSD and end up crazy when im old to find out.:badidea:

Last edited:
So how does a couch breath? This is really bugging me and i dont wanna have to do LSD and end up crazy when im old to find out

Alright, it would expand kinda then it would exhale and the sides would kinda move in, it looked like someone breathing. The sides where you would put your arms would move a little. Think about if you had a Man who was sitting in a chair and breathing in an exaggerated way meaning as he breathed in he would expand his chest and pull back his shoulders and then when he exhaled he would kinda lean forward and his shoulders would come forward. it looked exactly like that.

i was sitting in a room with a hardwood floor and there was a perfects sine wave coming across it. My feet would lift up. it really looked more like a wave in the ocean than a sine wave.

i had some roomates that i didnt really like and they were big trippers, they were from New orleans and they didnt like me because i was from the woods and spoke with a country accent, Plus like School bus would say i was a TOOL, well i played one of them chess, and destroyed him but the board squares on the board were flickering in different colors. Sometimes they would spin around. i used to love to destroy those boys in chess.

i really dont think me doing LSD twice 25 years ago has anything to do with me being crazy today, i think i was crazy at 10. I say do it and check it out.

i read once that back in the 60's when they were really doing it that Sight, hearing and smell would all flip meaning you could smell colors, you would hear what you saw, and you would see sounds like an equalizer thing. that would have been scary but I guess it has something to do with how your mind is wired.

NONE ELSE HERE EVER DID IT? or you are too skeerd to say it because you dont want to buck the Machine?

well this might make me a shunned person on comp-d, but its what i know to be true. im LDS (mormon for those who dont know) god created this earth and everything in it. look at the beauty of the setting sun and tell me god does not exist. Look at a child developing from 23 chromosomes to living, breathing human and tell me god does not exist. i could go on an on about incredible creations on this earth that no man or act of coincidence could possibly create. i have never seen god, nor have i seen jesus, little things around me show me every day that he is real and he does care for all of us.

this is what i believe: After the great flood (the reason noah built the ark) there was no true church on this earth and that was called the dark ages, in 1820, a boy by the name of joseph smith attended a different church every week and wanted to know which one he should join, one night he was reading a passage and He read, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” ( James 1:5).

Because of this passage, Joseph decided to ask God what he should do. In the spring of 1820 he went to a nearby grove of trees and knelt in prayer. He described his experience: “I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. . . . When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!.” In this vision God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, appeared to Joseph Smith. The Savior told Joseph not to join any of the churches, for they “were all wrong.”

Joseph Smith’s First Vision marked the beginning of the Restoration of Jesus Christ’s Church to the earth. In subsequent years, Christ restored His priesthood and reorganized His Church. He has continued to reveal truths to His prophets and to restore the blessings that were taken from the earth for a time.

i know a lot of you may not believe what you read above, but its what I believe to be true. if you want to read more about it, you can find it on mormon.org

Sounds......... Intresting, to say the least!

You gona try it? i guess its still out there. Neither of my kids did it, they are way better people than me though. if i ever think i am going down i will do it and solo little river and kneel down in the Florida room and talk to god. i will believe deep in the Cave and i will finally get God!

Okay so now we are back on topic right?

well this might make me a shunned person on comp-d, but its what i know to be true. im LDS (mormon for those who dont know) god created this earth and everything in it. look at the beauty of the setting sun and tell me god does not exist. Look at a child developing from 23 chromosomes to living, breathing human and tell me god does not exist. i could go on an on about incredible creations on this earth that no man or act of coincidence could possibly create. i have never seen god, nor have i seen jesus, little things around me show me every day that he is real and he does care for all of us.

this is what i believe: After the great flood (the reason noah built the ark) there was no true church on this earth and that was called the dark ages, in 1820, a boy by the name of joseph smith attended a different church every week and wanted to know which one he should join, one night he was reading a passage and He read, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” ( James 1:5).

Because of this passage, Joseph decided to ask God what he should do. In the spring of 1820 he went to a nearby grove of trees and knelt in prayer. He described his experience: “I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. . . . When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!.” In this vision God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, appeared to Joseph Smith. The Savior told Joseph not to join any of the churches, for they “were all wrong.”

Joseph Smith’s First Vision marked the beginning of the Restoration of Jesus Christ’s Church to the earth. In subsequent years, Christ restored His priesthood and reorganized His Church. He has continued to reveal truths to His prophets and to restore the blessings that were taken from the earth for a time.

i know a lot of you may not believe what you read above, but its what I believe to be true. if you want to read more about it, you can find it on mormon.org

Was Joseph Smith the predecessor of Brigham young? What is the dif in LDS and seventh day adventist?

I met a mormon girl once at a Texas Children of Confederacy caucas, i danced with her all night, she would not kiss me, she would not drink coffee or tea, she told me to come to Utah and see her. i went Alabama instead to see this other girl. That girl was a different kind of girl than I had faced before, more strict than a catholic. I thought it was cool yall were so dedicated.

i've never even heard of a 7th day adventist, but i guarantee there are A LOT of differences

yes, joseph smith was the very first prophet of the LDS church, brigham young was the second

i've never even heard of a 7th day adventist, but i guarantee there are A LOT of differences

yes, joseph smith was the very first prophet of the LDS church, brigham young was the second

Brigham young must have approached salt lake from the south as he was qouted as calling Zion nat park "a hell of a place to loose a cow". Zion must have some meaning to the Mormons.

I like the mormons

I would like to experience but I wont. I have better things to do with my mind than freak it up with a potentially deadly substance. Also jponder when it comes down to it you gotta have faith. Theres no way the big bang theorys correct because were did the atoms come from???? I believe in God but where did He come from?? You know what i mean? But this thread definitly has me thinking, thanks!

I would like to experience but I wont. I have better things to do with my mind than freak it up with a potentially deadly substance. Also jponder when it comes down to it you gotta have faith. Theres no way the big bang theorys correct because were did the atoms come from???? I believe in God but where did He come from?? You know what i mean? But this thread definitly has me thinking, thanks!

I understand what you are saying, but it is at least as good an explanation as a guy in a Chariot making stars. Its at least that good. i just dont like christains applying logic to bash Science but then the idea of God isnt allowed the same scrutinity.

Science aint figured it out yet, probably never will. Hell We can barely barely understand Hydrogen and its single electron. If you think i am spouting Science has it and Christianity dont then you have missed me.

Right now i am sticking with Big bang and a violent young world with lightning bolts hitting water and forming amino acids in an atmosphere where there was more CO2 and NH4 that today, global warming my A$$ there was alot more CO2 back then.

I just cant get Adam and Eve yet, that dont mean it cant change, if i blowed a light in a cave and lost a tank oring and had to go to my buddy bottle and find the line and faced mortality, i get it real good, but bored at the meth lab i cant get my mind around it.

Its good therapy for me to talk about it though

Brigham young must have approached salt lake from the south as he was qouted as calling Zion nat park "a hell of a place to loose a cow". Zion must have some meaning to the Mormons.

I like the mormons

i believe they approached salt lake from the east, but i could be wrong about that. the very land in which we live is "Zion" thats how america is referred to in the Book of Mormon a lot of times. i think America is only called "America" in the Joseph Smith history section of the Book of Mormon. im really facinated with Joseph Smith and the things he saw and read, not only as a prophet of the church, but as a man as well. my great great great grandmother was Joseph Smith's daughter

here's one for you to try and wrap your mind around.
in the book of mormon, i forget what chapter and verse. it says that god has created man in his own image and likeness, so there goes the little green men theory. also in the B of M, it says that god has created worlds (like this one) that are innumerable to man. story time, we existed as spirits in "heaven" (called the premortal existance) god had two sons, lucifer (satan) and jesus, satan wanted all of us to come to this earth and be given a mortal body and FORCE us to live gods commandments (see the 10 commandments) jesus wanted to give the freedom of choice (which we have) so there was a war against lucifer and his followers and god and jesus's followers, every one of you chose to side with God and Jesus because satan and his followers were cast out of heaven and never allowed to recieve a mortal body. so Jesus was born of a virgin mother to allow him to recieve a mortal body, be baptised by immersion and and die on the cross to atone for all of our sins. we were sent to this earth to CHOOSE which path we want to follow. mormons believe that if you are sealed in an LDS temple you can become as god is and create worlds and have children. so if god has been on an earth and "passed" his "test" (mortal existance) how many Gods came before him? where did Gods begin? food for thought...

*this is a SEVERLY shortened version of the actual events

Agreed, jponder. The problem is NONE of them makes sense i choose to believe in God. Look up the creation museum im sure it will fascinate you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back