I got a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the previous post...hit the wrong darn button..

Would God let my 6.0 run long enough so that I can fix it when I have time??? Just a small request

:bow::bow::bow:

So far as Aliens, if you read Revelation and Ezekiel there seem to be a lot of references to Aliens.......I just aint buying that yet sleddie. i'm thinking those Egyptians did that with pure Jew Slave labor.

?

, Give me your opinion Sleddie

If Jew Slave labor was worth a damn, Hitler would have won WW II.

Aliens score, Jew Slaves 0.

I rest my case.

My opinion on the Bible--- whichever version is popular today, no matter, they are all summed up by two things:

1. If something horrible happens and you say ,"How could God let that happen?" The reply is "The Lord works in mysterious ways."

2. If you are struggling with that concept, #2 kicks in: "Faith, man, gotta have it."

I envoy those that buy into those theories.

Sadly, my common sense tells me, that we are worm food after the deal is done. Or is that the Devil talking to me?:hehe:

" The futures uncertain and the end is always near. Did you have a good world when you died? Enough to base a movie on?"Jim Morrison

If you didnt have problems that God could fix/heal, than how else would you believe in him?

this might seem gay to some of you, but it will make you think...

got this in an email from my mother:

If you never felt pain, Then how would you know that I am a Healer?

If you never had to pray, How would you know that I am a Deliverer?

If you never had a trial, How could you call yourself an overcomer?

If you never felt sadness, How would you know that I am a Comforter?

If you never made a mistake, How would you know that I am a forgiver?

If you knew all, How would you know that I will answer your questions?

If you never were in trouble, How would you know that I will come to your rescue ?

If you never were broken, Then how would you know that I can make you whole?

If you never had a problem,How would you know that I can solve them?

If you never had any suffering, Then how would you know what I went through?

If you never went through the fire, Then how would you become pure?

If I gave you all things, How would you appreciate them?

If I never corrected you, How would you know that I love you?

If you had all power, Then how would you learn to depend on me?

Love,
Jesus

If you didnt have problems that God could fix/heal, than how else would you believe in him?

People could believe in god because they want salvation, life after death. Who wants to believe that they are purely organic? Who wants to believe that they are gone at death?

" many a childs journeys is high to be different planning to get something from the Mountain they couldnt get down below, It comes to Nothing, cant cheat the Mountain pilgrim"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYnhtcLiXcs&feature=related

This is some very powerful stuff, thank you for putting that out there.

Is it along the lines of understand where the next step should/is, seeing the step right in front of you, but just not being able to make it?

When i used to go into the caves it was spiritual to me. i think it was my feeble attempt to find God. He would talk to me in the cave. i would go into the cave a 1/2 mile and turn my light off and get on the line and just think. It was total and complete blackness.

When my openwater instructor heard i was now a open water instructor but i was solo cave diving she called me and said what are you doing you are going to die. i said God is in the caves. I will not die. I dont cave dive anymore but i miss it, The solitude, the commune with god, facing your own mortality.

I miss the cave, i may have to Hydro my old 104's and my steel 72's and clean my Oxygen bottle and go back into the cave. That is the closest i have ever been to god was in the cave.

it would be safer to just go back to LSU and seek wisdom though

yea yea thats all great, BUT, was she hot?

I didnt think she was at all, The other instructor was but she had been dumped to many times and would rant and rave about she hated the guys showing up wit big dive knives.

" You know what i hate? I hate the guys with the big Dive Sabres" she would say, i told my Dive buddy we should go get Confederate war swords and show up with them on the dive boat

If you believe in God do you believe in Dinosaurs. I had a step mother once that didnt belive dinosaurs walked the earth because they werent in the Bible. I scratched my head and thought how could someone think that way.

Then we were at church one day and someone told me the argument. They said look, when god made the earth he made full grown trees. Trees have rings, these trees had rings that were from a time that wasnt. just as those trees had rings from a time that wasnt so could god have created the earth with levels of strata that could have been but werent.

I thought that was pretty cool argument

I just woke up and watched that clip again. The beginning of that clip is the singularity. I like that clip, the guy who did that thinks like me.

What happened before the singularity? With your background, I don't have to tell you the mass that was squeezed into such a small space. Where did it come from? What started the reaction to lead to the universe as we know it to be now?

A question about that film, do you normally use Friedrich Nietzsche as a source of life lessons?

When i used to go into the caves it was spiritual to me. i think it was my feeble attempt to find God. He would talk to me in the cave. i would go into the cave a 1/2 mile and turn my light off and get on the line and just think. It was total and complete blackness.

When my openwater instructor heard i was now a open water instructor but i was solo cave diving she called me and said what are you doing you are going to die. i said God is in the caves. I will not die. I dont cave dive anymore but i miss it, The solitude, the commune with god, facing your own mortality.

I miss the cave, i may have to Hydro my old 104's and my steel 72's and clean my Oxygen bottle and go back into the cave. That is the closest i have ever been to god was in the cave.

it would be safer to just go back to LSU and seek wisdom though

So really, seriously, this blows me away. To flat out feel that you've been searched out and spoken to by God, wow....FWIW, I'm at a point in my life that at 30 years old, I've got all the stuff that says "you've made it, your doing well" but I feel at an impass. I feel like I know what I need to do, but I can't/won't allow myself to take the next step. The step is required, I believe, to go forwards in my life and to fulfill the potential both within, and around me. Yet I can not take it.

Personally, I don't feel that I will need to suspend my inquisitive side in order to follow God. To me that says that I hold my intellect above or equal to an omnipotent being, which I'm not so foolish as to do. But my brain is not what is standing in my way, it's my pride. Pride in being able to do and accomplish things on my own. I need to be able to get past it, just don't know how.

Even the timing of this thread, I find interesting....

Speaking in terms of diving and finding God, since that seems to be a reoccurring theme here, I'll offer a story.

This particular instance wasn't on a dive, but with a snorkel. I was in Mexico snorkeling in and around some very small caves when I came across one where I could see light at the far end and even knowing how retarded it would be to try, I decided I would swim down and come up on the other side, cause where there's light, there's air.

Well, about halfway under the rock, in the darkness with my head skimming just under the ceiling I realized I almost certainly didn't have enough air to make the light...

Obviously at the halfway point this is a moot point, but I still noted it to myself anyway. As I continued on with as much speed and conservation of energy as I could muster I was probably only 75 to 80% of the way out when I reached the point where I had run out of breath, and the pure survival portions of my brain decided it was time to override and take a breath. I fought that back and locked my lips shut with my lungs gulping and gagging for air. I had to fight back the reflex to breath once or twice more before my lips met the air on the far side. My vision was darkening and I had almost lost consciousness before I made it.

The only reason I mention this, is because I could easily be laying at the bottom of that cave passage in Mexico right now, and I was never spoken to as John was in some of his explorations. And while I certainly have for other things in my life, I cannot recall any attempt to initiate any communication on my part.

Without sounding too offensive.... maybe the reason you can have full conversations and I can't has more to do with the LSD than anything spiritual.

:hehe:

I only did LSD two times man, None of yall did it? man look that chit was awesome. It was 25 years ago.

02d before the singualrity there was another big bang and then every thing came back together, that will happen in the future, black holes will devour, stars will stop flying away from the center of the universe. and all matter will sit angry and hot until BLam it blows up again

What about the timing of this thread was interesting/ was it coincides with question you were thinking

I only did LSD two times man, None of yall did it? man look that chit was awesome. It was 25 years ago.

02d before the singualrity there was another big bang and then every thing came back together, that will happen in the future, black holes will devour, stars will stop flying away from the center of the universe. and all matter will sit angry and hot until BLam it blows up again

What about the timing of this thread was interesting/ was it coincides with question you were thinking

It was a joke...

But on a more serious note, isn't LSD renowned for causing "trips" and "flashbacks" years and years after the last use? It's a permanent mind job.

It was a joke...

But on a more serious note, isn't LSD renowned for causing "trips" and "flashbacks" years and years after the last use? It's a permanent mind job.

It is my theory that you don't "come down" from the effects of LSD
( hallucinogens), you just get used to it. :hehe:

Many primal religions use it to reach what they believe is a higher conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back