Truckers, lets see your rigs!

What friction material? I keep hearing about newer materials coming out that are supposed to bridge the gap between organic and ceramic.

As far as pressure plate does anything really beat the easypedal?

They are a full on feramic based material, ceramics don't last too long when you really start to burn them.

I can launch my K100 in 7th and it will grab hard enough to spin the tires with my current clutch, it isn't bad behind my 855 but an electronic would tear it up.

Normal intermediate plate is like 1" cast. They used 2 steel thinner plates. Drives like a normal easy pedal and fits perfect. Engagement is smooth unlike a lipe. Thought about using the brake off a Ultrashift and a micro switch on the pedal to make a Crower streetable but this is WAY better. 1/2 the price and normal adjustment.

Thats what I thought looking at the picture, also discs without springs are thinner.

Maybe I can find 430mm twin disc assembly from some heavy hauler Mercedes, they were using twin discs later than other manufacturers.

On the pulling subject, do any of you have a list of pulls for stock semis for east Ohio or western PA?

The only sanctioning body that had anything consistent put together was FPP, but I am not sure what they have anymore with them canning the PA posse class and making it an invitational class.

The only sanctioning body that had anything consistent put together was FPP, but I am not sure what they have anymore with them canning the PA posse class and making it an invitational class.

Are the Big Rigs more or less done, too? Sanders retired all of their trucks at the end of last season. It's going to be the Rogers show now. By the sounds of it they're done, too. Anything more than "street" semis will be invitational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People have used Crower in street trucks but it's not awesome and you lose the clutch brake.

I have a 3 disk that was made for both but have never used it for pulling. Uses an Eaton pressure plate with heavier springs. Engages smooth with a slightly heavier pedal than stock.
3c18a68e565c16113226aa8a3945f7dc.jpg
0dd6a8c0a8424a54332364e717a2a81b.jpg
9e829609974768e1efbe7a3ae0bc4f36.jpg
530852ace17b3f18301de7c81574d66b.jpg

Thanks for sharing this and the link. Just the surface area of their clutch material looks to add 200+% surface area/holding ability. This twin disc looks like the cat's meow for a high powered dual purpose truck!

To another question someone asked. Sintered Iron clutch discs seem to be the strongest holding ability and the ability to slip them out without completely smoking them, feramic and ceramic don't tend to last as well to excessive slip.

Thanks for sharing this and the link. Just the surface area of their clutch material looks to add 200+% surface area/holding ability. This twin disc looks like the cat's meow for a high powered dual purpose truck!

To another question someone asked. Sintered Iron clutch discs seem to be the strongest holding ability and the ability to slip them out without completely smoking them, feramic and ceramic don't tend to last as well to excessive slip.

Well I tried 3 "big" clutches from an un-named clutch supplier in Indiana and had to remove 2 of them. Either these engines make more power than I thought or some people's pulling trucks are gutless wonders. They didn't even begin to grab, as soon as the turbos lit the clutch said NO! Was told they were holding great in 1200hp pullers and now I'm questioning the 1200hp. Must be using a European butt dyno.

The only thing slipping with the 3 disk is the tires in 16th gear at 40mph.
52c83e4713ddfb625c47d43eeda003bf.jpg

Without knowing for sure those could be sintered iron, but the place that builds them has no reason to give that out.

I can't remember seeing them throw sparks on a hard launch though.

Well I tried 3 "big" clutches from an un-named clutch supplier in Indiana and had to remove 2 of them. Either these engines make more power than I thought or some people's pulling trucks are gutless wonders. They didn't even begin to grab, as soon as the turbos lit the clutch said NO! Was told they were holding great in 1200hp pullers and now I'm questioning the 1200hp. Must be using a European butt dyno.
No no, thats the famous american horsepower I've been talking about. Pulled down from 3000 rpm and 150 mph in 2 seconds or something like that, including 25% correction factor.

The only thing slipping with the 3 disk is the tires in 16th gear at 40mph.
52c83e4713ddfb625c47d43eeda003bf.jpg
Need to get a video of the tires smoking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Without knowing for sure those could be sintered iron, but the place that builds them has no reason to give that out.

I can't remember seeing them throw sparks on a hard launch though.
If your willing to ride underneath I'm more than willing to slip it so you can see!:Cheer:

No no, thats the famous american horsepower I've been talking about. Pulled down from 3000 rpm and 150 mph in 2 seconds or something like that, including 25% correction factor.

The truck that produced the most HP for displacement last year maxed at 85mph and held the number for 30 seconds.

While I would agree that having them hold a constant speed would be more ideal and is actually how most dealers do it, with the number of different factory available ratios picking a speed that works for all would be impossible.

One of these days your going to have to actually back up the bull chit you spew. You've been called out hundreds of times on several forums and when you are you disappear for a few weeks for the page to disappear.

If a pos Scania was on the same dyno you would be all about how accurate it was. But since we don't have that junk here you have to blame the dyno. I guess we should run one of the other amazing European engines we have here. Maxxforce anyone? Be hard to do when the pos wouldn't make it to the dyno day under its own power. How about paccar MX? Let's not forget Volvo's amazing junk, if one EGR valve wasn't good enough let's add 2! Your like a broken record.

Back