3rd Annual Texas Diesel Nationals

I'll be running pro street unless I move the batteries back under the hood and fuel cell under the bed and run super street.

Yea man you are a close in either bracket. You got the weight and no 4 link ect. Wire battery cables both ways and make a fairly easy change over LOL. Or just keep the batteries up front until you 4 link it.

Well if it don't break or break me I should be running the tow truck in 11.90 index and the 03 in PS.

No promises on being competitive yet though lol.

we should have 2 ss and 2 11.90 index trucks and it depends on how the little truck is running we may run both ss and ps

Randy and I had a long discussion and we came to a conclusion that we agree to disagree.

I beat up my crew and bank account severely in the last 2 years, it's time to stop.
I have made the decision tonight to retire the drag truck.

I wish everyone the best and safe racing season.
Good Luck and God Bless.

Michael
HotRodDiesels

Randy and I had a long discussion and we came to a conclusion that we agree to disagree.

I beat up my crew and bank account severely in the last 2 years, it's time to stop.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Michael
HotRodDiesels

Man, I wouldn't be doin' all that. Just step back and take a breather. If I was you I'd maybe just slow the truck down some to where it's at a very reliable level, like mid 10's or something, so then you can just go out and enjoy it without busting your butt all the time or draining your funds.

Man, I wouldn't be doin' all that. Just step back and take a breather. If I was you I'd maybe just slow the truck down some to where it's at a very reliable level, like mid 10's or something, so then you can just go out and enjoy it without busting your butt all the time or draining your funds.

Michael,
x2 on what Danny said. I have enjoyed the time we have chatted (both at the races and your shop), and I am always amazed at how quick you are to jump in and help people at the races (i.e., wrenching on someone else's truck). You are definitely an asset to diesel racing, and the sport would be worse off without you.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Michael,
x2 on what Danny said. I have enjoyed the time we have chatted (both at the races and your shop), and I am always amazed at how quick you are to jump in and help people at the races (i.e., wrenching on someone else's truck). You are definitely an asset to diesel racing, and the sport would be worse off without you.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Never met him in person, but just chattin on FB I would have to agree with this post as well.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Michael
HotRodDiesels

Whaaaattttt? You need a sponsor!

Good Luck and God Bless.

Michael
HotRodDiesels

Uh owe...... Would not be good to see you leave Michael. It would not do the world of diesel racing any good at all. Leave it in the trailer, don't look at it for a while and pursue what is most important to you. later reevaluate if the drag truck is worth dusting off and tackling again.

In the mean time I will be doing my best to hack away at your quarter mile time..... :lolly:

Whoops, I have to quit posting after my bed time....LOL

I'm not retiring completely as I made it sound, my apologies.
We are going to retire from running out of town at national events.
We will still run locally to support the shop and the Texas Diesel Shootout events. Although it might not be running for all of them like last year.
It's all the traveling and carnage that has got me beat down.
Even trying to have the truck running for the TDS was a grind. I don't think most people realize what an effort it is to keep a truck like this running all year.
We may not have run great all the time but nobody can dispute the effort.

I very much appreciate all the nice comments. It's very easy to get down by all the negative comments being thrown our way. It's nice to realize there are people out there that appreciate our efforts.

Do me and all dedicated race teams a favor next time you see them down.
Go up to them and tell them you appreciate there efforts and for god's sake don't ask them what there quickest run is and then tell them you know a guy that's faster......That real burns my donkey......

Thanks again to all.
See you at the local tracks.

Michael & Pam Watkins and Crew
HotRodDiesels

Whoops, I have to quit posting after my bed time....LOL

I'm not retiring completely as I made it sound, my apologies.
We are going to retire from running out of town at national events.
We will still run locally to support the shop and the Texas Diesel Shootout events. Although it might not be running for all of them like last year.
It's all the traveling and carnage that has got me beat down.
Even trying to have the truck running for the TDS was a grind. I don't think most people realize what an effort it is to keep a truck like this running all year.
We may not have run great all the time but nobody can dispute the effort.

I very much appreciate all the nice comments. It's very easy to get down by all the negative comments being thrown our way. It's nice to realize there are people out there that appreciate our efforts.

Do me and all dedicated race teams a favor next time you see them down.
Go up to them and tell them you appreciate there efforts and for god's sake don't ask them what there quickest run is and then tell them you know a guy that's faster......That real burns my donkey......

Thanks again to all.
See you at the local tracks.

Michael & Pam Watkins and Crew
HotRodDiesels

Come on now! I know in the past we had some confusion about what was said on other forums but we figured out it was just mistaken tone of the wonderful text world we all participate in. Your pushing to get more fast trucks in our area helped motivate my self and I believe Scott to try and take things up a notch to try and run with you and Max. I know we have TDS to still compete at but was looking forward to the Texas boys (and the token Texan in the D-Max) to give them a real show this year. I sure hope you could make the 2 Texas events this year would be nice to see the home town representing it for the sport and perhaps (crossed fingers) help show another big Houston event is worth the effort.

Any ways man either way I will be seeing you at the track sir! Good luck in what ever you decide to do.

Last edited:
Come on now! I know in the past we had some confusion about what was said on other forums but we figured out it was just mistaken tone of the wonderful text world we all participate in. Your pushing to get more fast trucks in our area helped motivate my self and I believe Scott to try and take things up a notch to try and run with you and Max. I know we have TDS to still compete at but was looking forward to the Texas boys (and the token Texan in the D-Max) to give them a real show this year. I sure hope you could make the 2 Texas events this year would be nice to see the home town representing it for the sport and perhaps (crossed fingers) help show another big Houston event is worth the effort.

Any ways man either way I will be seeing you at the track sir! Good luck in what ever you decide to do.

what he said.

HOUSTON PRO STREET FTW

jake, i just realized you and me are gonna have to hire lightweight drivers so our trucks can be competitive

Hell I just figured I would sit over the rear end and use my big arse as ballast....

Hell I will just be happy to make back to back solid passes with out breaking at this point. rofl

By the way going to try and shake her down Saturday.

Last edited:
Back