Truckers, lets see your rigs!

For fucks sake. The EPA needs to suck start a shotgun.

While I don’t disagree those Maxxforce “European engineered” engines are the “king turd on top of shit mountain” to quote Sturgill Simpson, and should have been destroyed before they were even sold.

While I don’t disagree those Maxxforce “European engineered” engines are the “king turd on top of shit mountain” to quote Sturgill Simpson, and should have been destroyed before they were even sold.

Seems to be a theme with Navistar. Always the next best thing, followed by lawsuits. LOL

I know it's a Volvo and not a Peterbilt, or Kenworth or COE Mack.....blah blah blah....but I like it and I've enjoyed working on it. It's a used 2017 VNL 780 that I bought with 535k on the clock. I uprated it from the factory 455hp to 500hp did a little upgrade on the turbo and injectors and added a steinbauer so, I am hoping we are closer to 600hp-650hp now.

As we go into next pulling season we have partnered with the Gary Sinese Foundation and the National League of POW/MIA families. So, decided to sand blast and paint, black out the wheels, and all the aluminum, and shiny parts. It's not show quality but not bad for an amateur IMO. The cab will eventually get some custom paint to signify the partnership but it'll remain black and white.

Here's a few pictures of the before and after.

P.S. Thank you to all of you who are the real super truckers keeping the supply chain going!

Semi.jpg

Semi1.jpg

Semi4.jpg

Semi5.jpg

Semi6.jpg

Attachments

• Semi3.jpg
    Semi3.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Semi2.jpg
    Semi2.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
In the process of swapping in an SDP I had laying around. Anyone have any idea what the differences are with the Damper? Every other 34006E and C15 I've worked on use the same damper.

Also noticed the flywheel is a bit different. certainly weighs less.

In the process of swapping in an SDP I had laying around. Anyone have any idea what the differences are with the Damper? Every other 34006E and C15 I've worked on use the same damper.

Also noticed the flywheel is a bit different. certainly weighs less.

Serpentine or V belt? Those are more truck specific vs engine specific. Not many flywheel options for trucks, there is thick and thin but it’s only the thickness of the bolt flange and you have to use the correct length bolts/washer or it will bottom out in the crank and ruin your day.

Sdp came out of a Kw. Has a 12 rib Main belt and a 6 rib secondary. Damper is sdp only from what I can see in SIS.

Gonna weigh the flywheels this week, I bet the sdp flywheel is a good 15lbs lighter.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Sdp came out of a Kw. Has a 12 rib Main belt and a 6 rib secondary. Damper is sdp only from what I can see in SIS.

Gonna weigh the flywheels this week, I bet the sdp flywheel is a good 15lbs lighter.

Ok most of these parts are interchangeable, they may have different part numbers but will work on about anything. We’ve converted lots of engines from V belt to serpentine and never had a damper issue. Usually guys just want to use all the same parts (fan and belt setup) off the old engine when swapping in new. This doesn’t have a brakesaver does it? I’ve got an SDP sitting here on a stand and it’s the same flywheel as the mxs beside it.

I didn’t even have to scroll past the last page to see the idiot is still here years later…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got my new to me truck in the shop ! Crossing my fingers the miss follows the injector when I swap them.

Attachments

• 93F7143B-0B66-4D53-9E44-7E15AA2D5658.jpg
    93F7143B-0B66-4D53-9E44-7E15AA2D5658.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 0

Unrelated, what plant is that in your avatar?

Back