Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Ugly isn't it?
The cab hung from barn rafters for 20 or so years. This restoration was 8 years in the making, and it's been on the road a week.

1966 COE KW 290 Cummins.

Took some time, but he still beat RD. :lolly:

Gorgeous truck! I love short wheel base trucks. Stretching them all out looks gawdy to me. Keep em short!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To any of you who employ drivers or are an employed driver (meaning not an owner operator) how are you paying your drivers?

By the hour?

By the mile?

By a percentage of the load?

To any of you who employ drivers or are an employed driver (meaning not an owner operator) how are you paying your drivers?

By the hour?

By the mile?

When I used to drive part time on the weekends, I was paid 25% of what the truck made. This was about 5 years ago.

By the hour?

By the mile?

The coal haulers (triaxle) drivers around our area are mostly paid percentage measured by the ton of product delivered. It's a rat race.
I suppose the difference would be the application.

The coal haulers (triaxle) drivers around our area are mostly paid percentage measured by the ton of product delivered. It's a rat race.
I suppose the difference would be the application.

Exactly. In my application I think a percentage would be the most adequate. We haul horses and are paid in a per horse rate.

Kinda trying to get an idea for what kid of percentage would be fair. I was thinking 25% as Meyers said.

By the hour?

By the mile?

Percentage on total including fuel surcharge.

Gorgeous truck! I love short wheel base trucks. Stretching them all out looks gawdy to me. Keep em short!

I’m not talking 350” but I want it long enough I don’t need a kidney transplant after driving it. Short trucks are for guys that can’t drive and euro trash.

I got one short T800 and no one wants to drive it, like 190” and will just beat you to death and pushes when turning on wet pavement loaded heavy. Got other W9 daycabs that are 215 and 220, identical suspension and everything and no comparison in the ride.

By the hour?

By the mile?

I pay my drivers on percentage. Most guys around here have went that way it seems. Theres a few still paying hourly.

I pay my drivers on percentage. Most guys around here have went that way it seems. Theres a few still paying hourly.

I heard you sold the white Freightliner that you bought from Daniel Gray. Was it still running? How many miles were on it?

I heard you sold the white Freightliner that you bought from Daniel Gray. Was it still running? How many miles were on it?

Yep, this spring. Was still running like a top. Had 1.2 or 1.3 million on it. Guys give those Mercedes engines a lot of crap, but it treated me very well. If I had to guess, its pulling containers somewhere now, just a guess:hehe:

Percentage on total including fuel surcharge.

I’m not talking 350” but I want it long enough I don’t need a kidney transplant after driving it. Short trucks are for guys that can’t drive and euro trash.

I got one short T800 and no one wants to drive it, like 190” and will just beat you to death and pushes when turning on wet pavement loaded heavy. Got other W9 daycabs that are 215 and 220, identical suspension and everything and no comparison in the ride.

Buy your next truck with working suspension.

Yep, this spring. Was still running like a top. Had 1.2 or 1.3 million on it. Guys give those Mercedes engines a lot of crap, but it treated me very well. If I had to guess, its pulling containers somewhere now, just a guess:hehe:

You are exactly right I'm sure. I drove it a bit and it always ran good for me.

Just bought this one. Damn ntc 444 runs like poo though

Attachments

• AE556852-0C09-47B3-8E98-27EB8CF8DD35.jpg
    AE556852-0C09-47B3-8E98-27EB8CF8DD35.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 0
Some old iron out at buddies the other day.

Mack is 75 I believe.

Hendrickson is a 67-68 if I remember correctly.

Hendrickson had flat, and had been sitting in field few years. Couldn't jack it up with anything to get tire fixed. So, brought the big mack wrecker over for some help. That mack hauls the mail. Stout sob.

Couple batteries and we drove Hendrickson out
61040304a03729acfbc382b908f34642.jpg
a769816385f60cc98ef8fce25e594b4d.jpg
9c12c6b81ab091ddacf33a922ec93033.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Stopped by Ok Truck Supply the other day. Some cool old iron out front for the big truck show they are having this weekend.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2563[1].jpg
    IMG_2563[1].jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2561[1].jpg
    IMG_2561[1].jpg
    383 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2562[1].jpg
    IMG_2562[1].jpg