08 Dodge land speed effort.

Have you guys seen the lake out there today left from last night's storm? Sadly from the pictures I'd say there won't be any racing at Speedweek, maybe not for the year unless you're into boating racing. Best hope is Intrepid draining the water into a holding pond and the sun drying off the rest but that won't happen this month let alone this weekend. Sucks for everyone involved. Already cancelled my plans to head down tomorrow. :(

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,14205.msg257693/topicseen.html#new

For those who haven't heard, Speed Week 2014 was cancelled due to flooding on the salt. After a 3,000 mile round trip weekend, I am re-setting my sights on the World Of Speed in September, as I suspect Tim is also.

Steve.

For those who haven't heard, Speed Week 2014 was cancelled due to flooding on the salt. After a 3,000 mile round trip weekend, I am re-setting my sights on the World Of Speed in September, as I suspect Tim is also.

Steve.

Sorry to hear you drove all that way to get skunked. Keep an eye on the weather around Wendover. Still a decent amount of precipitation in the area. With the summer heat all but gone the World of Speed may not be an option either if they continue to get water.

Yes, we are all awaiting official word from the USFRA about conditions on the salt. The rain before Speed Week was a bit of a surprise. The second wave of rain didn't hit until we were driving from SLC to Wendover (the last 100 miles of a 1,500 mile trip)on Friday night.

By Saturday afternoon, we were headed home.

We really need a break in the weather to have a chance at running during WOS or World Finals at the end of September.

Steve.

Steve.

That rain storm Friday come in fast and put down alot of water. I was pretty bummed cause I was looking forward to going out again this year.

Well it seems the weather has denied us a chance to run on the salt again.
Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• 2014-08-09_11-21-31_361.jpg
    2014-08-09_11-21-31_361.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-08-06_17-15-35_750.jpg
    2014-08-06_17-15-35_750.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-08-09_12-00-09_252.jpg
    2014-08-09_12-00-09_252.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 0
Tim:
Here's a photo of me at "Land's End" on Saturday afternoon. It looks like you must have been there early (maybe Thursday), and were already out at the pit area...

DSC_5260_zpsdca6cdc9.jpg

All loaded up,headed out to Bonneville Salt Flats in the morning, tech inspection Friday and we'll be racing Saturday-Tuesday with the Utah Salt Flats Racing Association's World of Speed event.

Attachments

• ready for world of speed.jpg
    ready for world of speed.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
We had a relatively small wind frontage pass through last night. That definitely would have helped dry the salt out some IF there was any water there still.

Know a couple guys down there running tech and they said the salt is really hard so it should be good racing if the water is gone. Good luck boys, hope to hear some good racing salvage this wet year.

Back