30+ mpg again

also i was thinking about going to a smaller fuel tank. since diesel is 7lbs a gallon the less i could carry the better. i rather not run a fuel cell so i was wondering if a tank from a short bed would work in a long bed.

I will try to get a pic up shortly,i never have luck with it... I get about 1/3 of the water pump...maybe a bit more, I haven't heard it try to slip yet... mine is currently running the smooth worn out tensioner pulley, about 2/3 of the belt is riding poon the pulley when its running, not my favorite but it just made a1200 mile round trip... So the ribbed one is coming in short order.

It would be somewhere under tensioner... It wouldn't fit against my frame... If he is going for ultimate mileage it shouldn't be necessary...though it really is nice

It would be somewhere under tensioner... It wouldn't fit against my frame... If he is going for ultimate mileage it shouldn't be necessary...though it really is nice
I was just making sure. The # you listed won't work for ac guys.

Guess ill pull my fan and route it to see how much shorter it needs to be. Thanks for the pic.

also i was thinking about going to a smaller fuel tank. since diesel is 7lbs a gallon the less i could carry the better. i rather not run a fuel cell so i was wondering if a tank from a short bed would work in a long bed.

IIRC short bed fuel tanks only hold two or three gallons less than a long bed tank so I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

You could always cut the back bed out and sink in a Fuel Cell making it flush with the floor of the bed.

821-1082C.jpg

RCI 1082C RCI Circle Track Fuel Cells

Make sure your rear drums are backed of a bit, and change the diff lube to a lighter weight synthetic also keep synthetic oil in trans and engine...its been proven to reduce driveline friction and increase efficiency, same could go for power steering fluid. As was mentioned play with timing, that would take quite a while to do between fill ups though... Also have a good alignment on front endto eliminate as much drag from tires as possible... Next step is filling holes on the front end and removing mirrors.. more ideas to throw our there

i believe a wrmer engine will make it more efficient... also get a shorter belt to run just the alternator and water pump.. thats how i did it, and you can lose the fan hub and fan which weighs about 15 pounds... just throw on a smallish electric, you wont need much to keep it cool...

No power steering eh? you mileage people are funny

im think im just going to run my current belt, i dont wanna risk losing the water pump on a hard run also im really considering using a fuel cell and dropping the stock tank. i dont have any A/C components. there is no belt for the power steering.

Back