30+ mpg again

How fresh are the ujoints and carrier bearings? It might be worth your while to buy a $40 infrared heat gun and shoot the temperature of various drive train components after a short drive to see which ones are building up heat/reducing efficiency.

Did you say you went to the higher temp thermostat, or is the fan delete enough to keep it running around 205*F.

im going to keep the battery in the stock location just in case i have to get a jump start or jump someone else, i dont wanna be crawling on the ground. i didnt replace the belt im still using the Non-A/C belt. i dont wanna remove the pulley. Plus on the 12v's the tach pickup is sitting right in-line of where the belt would go
So a non ac belt works when you delete the fan?

i just pulled the fan i didnt pull the pulley. the engine temp still doesnt get above 180*, so i probably have to replace the thermostat. the carrier bearing is probably 14 years old

You could alway's get some fiberglass doors and and front clip the whole body on our 2wd puller less the frame work that hold it together only weighs 140lb that includes the bed sides and tailgate.No windows either.

Dale
Dale

i just pulled the fan i didnt pull the pulley. the engine temp still doesnt get above 180*, so i probably have to replace the thermostat. the carrier bearing is probably 14 years old
How do you take the fan off? I've always just pulled the pulley.

i just used a crow bar and a mallet, but im pretty sure it had been taken off once before. but i have heard of people using air chisel's

wow! the fan just spins off the thing. (reverse threads if i remember right) might be the 7.3 im thinking of. either way i know you just put a skinny sided wrench on it and with the belt on holding tention you unscrew the thing off. if the belt doesnt hold enough tention put a wooden wedge between the fan pully and the crank pully.

Mine took an air hammer. Two people pulling on the wrench and two people holding the pulley couldn't break it loose.

i also found these stake pocket covers that have flip up hooks. i guess anything to make the body smooth will help
0404011930.jpg

well i just hit 175k miles and fueled up, i get 14.5 mpg with the mods i got. normal driving, no flooring it and not really put putting around. mixed town and hwy. my edge setting is on 4 and i cant wait to see what the smarty will get. i used to get 18 with a JR and exhaust mods done. now i got all this done and im wondering what ill get when i switch back to the TNT. i fuel up every time i burn a 1/4 of a tank and keep it topped off.

well i just hit 175k miles and fueled up, i get 14.5 mpg with the mods i got. normal driving, no flooring it and not really put putting around. mixed town and hwy. my edge setting is on 4 and i cant wait to see what the smarty will get. i used to get 18 with a JR and exhaust mods done. now i got all this done and im wondering what ill get when i switch back to the TNT. i fuel up every time i burn a 1/4 of a tank and keep it topped off.
That's pretty chitty. You have mild mods.

how are you figuring this out? were you getting 18 during the summer?

This road trip program I got on my itouch. I was getting 18 before I broke some compression rings with a smarty jr on a stocker.

Sent from my itouch using Tapatalk

updated tuck outfit list

• 12v
  • nv4500 with gear vendors
  • 2wd
  • lowered 3" in the front 4" in the rear
  • 62-71-14 over S483
  • ddp4 injectors
  • 175 Pump
  • rack plug
  • 191dv's
  • 20* timing
  • afc tuned with gov. spring
  • head ported on exhaust side
  • head is o-ringed
  • singel battery
  • sport front with gutted bracing
  • no tailgate
  • no spare tire carrrier
  • no rear bumper
  • 3rd gen aluminum rims
  • 245-70-17 firestone transforce tires
  • 5" exhuast with no muffler
  • no cooling fan
  • stock intercooler
  • stock radiator

Would 181dv's help with less fuel consumption? Obviously itthey work better with the compounds, just wondering if there is a better choice for mileage?

idk. i wanna dyno the truck first and see what it makes. i rather have too much fuel and back it off, but not having enough fuel sucks. i kinda want my cake and eat it too

That's why I like my vp... I turn it down with a button.... I definitely bet there is some to be had with injector design, (more smaller holes) combined with Higher pop pressure increases atomization eqiating,to a quicker more efficient burn.. I just don't know how high u can set pop off and work with that pump still..

Back